Turkmenistan sacks `incompetent` oil and gas chief
Ashgabat: The leader of energy-rich Turkmenistan has fired his oil and gas minister for incompetence, just three months after appointing him, a state newspaper reported Saturday.
Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov sacked the minister, Oraznur Nurmyradov, for "work deficiencies" and temporarily replaced him with his deputy, government newspaper Neutral Turkmenistan said.
"Certain chiefs of the oil and gas sector carry out their duties carelessly, showing passivity in resolving questions of the development of the sector," Berdymukhamedov was quoted as saying in the report.
Turkmenistan, a secretive Central Asian state with huge oil and gas reserves that have been eyed by China, Russia and the European Union, has repeatedly shaken up its energy chiefs under Berdymukhamedov`s presidency.
Berdymukhamedov has sacked four oil and gas ministers since 2007, all of them for incompetence, according to official explanations. Nurmyradov had been appointed in October during the last reshuffle.
Last week Turkmenistan resumed exports of gas to Russia after a nine-month interruption caused by a pipeline explosion and punctuated by squabbling with Russian state-controlled gas giant Gazprom.
The ex-Soviet republic inaugurated a new pipeline to Iran earlier this month, and in December it opened a major new pipeline to China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar