Two militants killed in separate encounters in Manipur
Imphal: Two unidentified militants were killed in separate encounters with police commandos in two districts of Manipur on Thursday, official sources said.
Commandos attached to Thoubal police station in interior
Thoubal district, searched Yairipok Changamtabi area following
reports of movement of armed militants at around 12 noon.
As they stepped up the operation, they were fired upon by
the militants, sources said adding that in the ensuing
encounter one militant was killed and one 9mm pistol along
with four live rounds was recovered from the spot.
In another encounter at Langthabal area in Imphal west
district at around 12.35 pm, another unidentified militant
was killed by commandos attached to Imphal police station,
They said one .38 pistol along with two live rounds was
recovered from the spot. Both the bodies have been sent to
Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital here for
Over 300 persons have been killed in militancy-related
crimes in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday