United Breweries June qtr net profit up 57% at Rs 35 cr
Mumbai: Vijay Mallya-promoted United Breweries on Friday said its net profit rose by 57.14 percent at Rs 35.50 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2009, over the same period last year.
The company had a net profit of Rs 22.59 crore in the same period last year, United Breweries said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
Net sales rose to Rs 556.45 crore in the latest quarter, against Rs 474.62 crore in the same period previous fiscal.
Shares of United Breweries were trading at Rs 154.40 on the BSE, up 1.65 percent from previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet