Villarreal promote Garrido to replace Valverde
Madrid: Villarreal have promoted Juan Carlos Garrido to first-team coach until the end of the season following the sacking of Ernesto Valverde, the La Liga club said on their website on Monday.
The 40-year-old has been closely involved with Villarreal’s youth system and led the club’s B team into the second division last season, where they lie just outside the promotion places in seventh.
Valverde was sacked on Sunday after the 2-0 home defeat to Osasuna that left the side 10th in La Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!