Villarreal promote Garrido to replace Valverde
Madrid: Villarreal have promoted Juan Carlos Garrido to first-team coach until the end of the season following the sacking of Ernesto Valverde, the La Liga club said on their website on Monday.
The 40-year-old has been closely involved with Villarreal’s youth system and led the club’s B team into the second division last season, where they lie just outside the promotion places in seventh.
Valverde was sacked on Sunday after the 2-0 home defeat to Osasuna that left the side 10th in La Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'