Villarreal promote Garrido to replace Valverde
Madrid: Villarreal have promoted Juan Carlos Garrido to first-team coach until the end of the season following the sacking of Ernesto Valverde, the La Liga club said on their website on Monday.
The 40-year-old has been closely involved with Villarreal’s youth system and led the club’s B team into the second division last season, where they lie just outside the promotion places in seventh.
Valverde was sacked on Sunday after the 2-0 home defeat to Osasuna that left the side 10th in La Liga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why