Virbhadra likely to be chargesheeted in graft case
Shimla: Union Steel Minister Virbhadra
Singh, who along with his wife Pratibha was booked under graft
charges early last month, is likely to be chargesheeted in the
two-year-old corruption case in 6-8 weeks, State Vigilance and
Anti-corruption Bureau said here today.
"The investigation into the case is in progress and
chargesheet in all probability will be filed in 6-8 weeks",
Director General of State Vigilance D S Manhas told reporters.
He said the HP High Court will be informed before
filling of the challan in the case.
An FIR was registered against Singh and his wife
Pratibha, a former MP, on August 3 by the State Vigilance and
ACB under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption
Act, 1988 after a forensic report from Chandigarh confirmed
their voices in a CD where they were allegedly heard
conversing with a former bureaucrat late Mohinder Lal
regarding bribe money.
The CD was released by former Congress minister Vijay
Dismissing the allegation, Singh has alleged that it
was a "conspiracy" hatched by the CM against him in view of
impending bypolls to Rohroo and Jwali assembly seats in the
state, a charge denied by the latter.
The vigilance DG said that the state government has
adopted a policy of zero tolerance on corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!