Viva Kerala beat JCT Phagwara 1-0
Kozhikode: A spirited and dominant Viva Kerala beat JCT Phagwara 1-0 in their second phase home ground outing in an ONGC I-League match here on Sunday.
Striker Reuban Senyo booted home the winner for the Kerala team in the 23rd minute after JCT goalkeeper Karamjith Singh moved forward from the goalmouth to collect a ball.
The Kerala team, which remained unbeaten in the last three outings, however, wasted numerous chances to consolidate their gains against a rival whose top players were not in action on Sunday due to injuries suffered in a recent road mishap.
For the host team Bello Rasaq, Sirajuddin C and Senyo played superbly.
JCT’s Pepp Tkechukwu Orji was adjudged man of the match.
With two victories and an equal number of draws, Viva Kerala is now in 11th spot in the points table, while JCT with 10 points from their earlier outings are at the eighth spot.
The next home ground match will be held here on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand