Vodafone looks to revamp brand, marketing strategy
London: Vodafone, the world`s largest mobile
services firm, will revamp its brand and marketing strategy in
the UK for the first time in four years in a move to beef up
its image, a media report says.
The mobile-phone giant is ditching its "Make the most of
now" tag line after four years in favour of "Power to you" as
it prepares to launch a suite of new services to capitalise on
the growing popularity of the mobile internet, The Times has
The report quoted the company chief executive Vittorio
Colao as saying, "It is not the brand talking any more and
telling the customer what to do. It is the customer who will
decide. I am trying to steer the whole company in this
The new tag line would begin appearing on all of its
communications over the next six weeks, daily said.
The report said, Colao wants to transform Vodafone, which
has 315 million customers, into one of the world`s best-loved
brands and drive switch to smart phones such as iPhones and
This autumn it would take on Apple`s "app store" by
launching a service to sell applications that can be
downloaded from other content providers, the report added.
"Power to you" is only Vodafone`s second global brand
campaign since "How are you?", introduced into several markets
in 2001 after a spree of acquisitions. Vodafone spends almost
600 million pounds a year on advertising.
The launch comes amid concerns that Vodafone has fallen
behind in Britain, where it could drop into third place when
T-Mobile and Orange merge.
"We built Vodafone UK with an incredibly strong position
in the business segment. The consumer DNA has come later than,
say, in Portugal or India," the reported said quoting Colao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!