Vodafone looks to revamp brand, marketing strategy
London: Vodafone, the world`s largest mobile
services firm, will revamp its brand and marketing strategy in
the UK for the first time in four years in a move to beef up
its image, a media report says.
The mobile-phone giant is ditching its "Make the most of
now" tag line after four years in favour of "Power to you" as
it prepares to launch a suite of new services to capitalise on
the growing popularity of the mobile internet, The Times has
The report quoted the company chief executive Vittorio
Colao as saying, "It is not the brand talking any more and
telling the customer what to do. It is the customer who will
decide. I am trying to steer the whole company in this
The new tag line would begin appearing on all of its
communications over the next six weeks, daily said.
The report said, Colao wants to transform Vodafone, which
has 315 million customers, into one of the world`s best-loved
brands and drive switch to smart phones such as iPhones and
This autumn it would take on Apple`s "app store" by
launching a service to sell applications that can be
downloaded from other content providers, the report added.
"Power to you" is only Vodafone`s second global brand
campaign since "How are you?", introduced into several markets
in 2001 after a spree of acquisitions. Vodafone spends almost
600 million pounds a year on advertising.
The launch comes amid concerns that Vodafone has fallen
behind in Britain, where it could drop into third place when
T-Mobile and Orange merge.
"We built Vodafone UK with an incredibly strong position
in the business segment. The consumer DNA has come later than,
say, in Portugal or India," the reported said quoting Colao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal