Walking dog `the best way to stay fit`
London: Forget gym. Walking the dog is
the best way to stay fit, says a new study.
Researchers for British pet healthcare experts
Bob Martin have carried out the study and found that walking
the dog twice everyday can give one up to one eight hours of
exercise a week.
"A couple of short walks a day soon adds up and this
research shows that it amounts to more time than people spend
in the gym," a spokesman for Bob Martin was quoted by the
`Daily Mail` as saying.
The study, based on a survey of 5,000 Britons,
including 3,000 dog owners, revealed that 57 per cent see
walking the dog as their main form of exercise.
three quarters say they would rather take their pooch for a
hike than go to the gym.
Some 86 per cent say they enjoy taking their pet out
each day, with just 22 per cent saying they ever see it as a
chore. But only 16 per cent say they enjoy exercising in the
gym, with almost 70 per cent considering it a chore they have
to do rather than something they would like to do.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery