Walking dog `the best way to stay fit`
London: Forget gym. Walking the dog is
the best way to stay fit, says a new study.
Researchers for British pet healthcare experts
Bob Martin have carried out the study and found that walking
the dog twice everyday can give one up to one eight hours of
exercise a week.
"A couple of short walks a day soon adds up and this
research shows that it amounts to more time than people spend
in the gym," a spokesman for Bob Martin was quoted by the
`Daily Mail` as saying.
The study, based on a survey of 5,000 Britons,
including 3,000 dog owners, revealed that 57 per cent see
walking the dog as their main form of exercise.
three quarters say they would rather take their pooch for a
hike than go to the gym.
Some 86 per cent say they enjoy taking their pet out
each day, with just 22 per cent saying they ever see it as a
chore. But only 16 per cent say they enjoy exercising in the
gym, with almost 70 per cent considering it a chore they have
to do rather than something they would like to do.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...