Walking dog `the best way to stay fit`
London: Forget gym. Walking the dog is
the best way to stay fit, says a new study.
Researchers for British pet healthcare experts
Bob Martin have carried out the study and found that walking
the dog twice everyday can give one up to one eight hours of
exercise a week.
"A couple of short walks a day soon adds up and this
research shows that it amounts to more time than people spend
in the gym," a spokesman for Bob Martin was quoted by the
`Daily Mail` as saying.
The study, based on a survey of 5,000 Britons,
including 3,000 dog owners, revealed that 57 per cent see
walking the dog as their main form of exercise.
three quarters say they would rather take their pooch for a
hike than go to the gym.
Some 86 per cent say they enjoy taking their pet out
each day, with just 22 per cent saying they ever see it as a
chore. But only 16 per cent say they enjoy exercising in the
gym, with almost 70 per cent considering it a chore they have
to do rather than something they would like to do.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank