Washing machine `the best time-saving invention`
London: It`s what most women would agree to -- washing machine is their favourite time-saving gadgetary invention ever. And for men, it`s the computer, says a survey.
Yes, 32 per cent women have voted the washing machine as the best time-saving invention ever while blokes chose the computer in the survey by Internet service provider Hotmail.
The mobile phone came in third overall -- a plus for both sexes -- followed by the dishwasher and the microwave, the `Daily Express` reported.
A watch that freezes time was voted the ultimate time- saver of the future in the survey, while a Hairwush emerged as another exciting time-saving invention.
The Hairwush, designed to wash, condition, dry and brush your hair in one go, was dreamt up by 45-year-old Chloe Eyre of Bedford, who beat 8,000 others for 10,000-pound prize.
She said: "I hate rushing and having to wash, dry and style my hair so I invented something that can do all three in one go."
Other ideas included a calculator that recognises the ingredients in your fridge, then suggests appropriate recipes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued