Washing machine `the best time-saving invention`
London: It`s what most women would agree to -- washing machine is their favourite time-saving gadgetary invention ever. And for men, it`s the computer, says a survey.
Yes, 32 per cent women have voted the washing machine as the best time-saving invention ever while blokes chose the computer in the survey by Internet service provider Hotmail.
The mobile phone came in third overall -- a plus for both sexes -- followed by the dishwasher and the microwave, the `Daily Express` reported.
A watch that freezes time was voted the ultimate time- saver of the future in the survey, while a Hairwush emerged as another exciting time-saving invention.
The Hairwush, designed to wash, condition, dry and brush your hair in one go, was dreamt up by 45-year-old Chloe Eyre of Bedford, who beat 8,000 others for 10,000-pound prize.
She said: "I hate rushing and having to wash, dry and style my hair so I invented something that can do all three in one go."
Other ideas included a calculator that recognises the ingredients in your fridge, then suggests appropriate recipes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter