Watches with Congress MLA photo seized in Gujarat
Jamnagar: Election officials have seized a cache of watches, bearing name and photograph of a Congress MLA, meant for distribution during Navratri celebrations in Moti Khawadi village, officials said.
"Around 154 watches bearing name and photograph of Congress MLA Raghavji Patel from Jodia constituency have been seized for violation of model code of conduct (MCC)," YB Srinivasan, an EC official said.
"A detailed report of it will be sent to election commission head office," he said.
The wall clocks were meant for distribution during an event organised as part of the ongoing Navratri festival celebrations, Srinivasan said.
The event organisers along with party workers had begun distribution of watches when the seizure was made, sources said.
The MCC came into force from October 3, in election bound Gujarat. The Assembly polls in the state are slated to be held in two phases on December 13 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP