Watches with Congress MLA photo seized in Gujarat
Jamnagar: Election officials have seized a cache of watches, bearing name and photograph of a Congress MLA, meant for distribution during Navratri celebrations in Moti Khawadi village, officials said.
"Around 154 watches bearing name and photograph of Congress MLA Raghavji Patel from Jodia constituency have been seized for violation of model code of conduct (MCC)," YB Srinivasan, an EC official said.
"A detailed report of it will be sent to election commission head office," he said.
The wall clocks were meant for distribution during an event organised as part of the ongoing Navratri festival celebrations, Srinivasan said.
The event organisers along with party workers had begun distribution of watches when the seizure was made, sources said.
The MCC came into force from October 3, in election bound Gujarat. The Assembly polls in the state are slated to be held in two phases on December 13 and 17.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference