Wipro has `impressive plans` to develop low carbon biz in UK
Bangalore: IT major Wipro has "impressive
plans" for developing low carbon business in the UK, Business
Secretary of the UK, Lord Peter Mandelson said today.
"I have just come from a fascinating visit to Wipro,
where (the company`s Chairman) Azim Premji outlined impressive
plans for developing low carbon business in the UK", he said
launching the IISc-UK lecture series at the Indian Institute
of Science here.
During the visit to Bangalore-headquartered, New York
Stock Exchange-listed company earlier today, UK Trade &
Investment (UKTI) and Wipro entered into an agreement to
enhance partnerships in low carbon technologies. Lord
Mandelson and Premji signed the partnership agreement.
Asked to elaborate on Wipro`s "impressive plans", Lord
Mandelson said: "We are developing now a trillion pound market
in low carbon goods and services and technologies in Britain
and we are well ahead of the curve".
Lord Mandelson said Britain has been encouraging creation
of frameworks of policies to grow this market and establish
businesses to serve both the country`s and international
"We are doing that increasingly in collaboration with
businesses from other countries, and India in my view is going
to become one of the leading countries and leading business
collaborators in Britain in the growing production of low
carbon goods and services and technological applications", he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!