Wipro to hire more locals in US for Atlanta operations
Bangalore: Global software major Wipro Technologies is expanding its US operations and will hire about 1,000 people, including more locals, at its Atlanta development facility, the IT bellwether said on Monday.
"We are expanding our US operations to scale up our headcount to about 1,000 from 350 presently at our Atlanta centre," the company said in a statement here.
"About 80 percent of them are locals and includes graduates from leading academic institutions in Atlanta," it added.
"The local employees will support our North American clients in diverse verticals such as healthcare, manufacturing, telecom, utilities, retail and financial services," Wipro chief global delivery officer Sambuddha Deb said in the statement.
Lauding Wipro for investing in the Georgia state capital, Metro Atlanta Chamber vice-president Jorge Fernandez said the trade body`s goal was not to just attract global firms, but also ensure that they thrive and grow in the US market.
"Wipro`s success signifies more high-tech jobs to metro Atlanta and continues to build our reach into India," Fernandez said.
Atlanta Development Authority director Charles Whatley said Atlanta has emerged as the prime location for global firms like Wipro to set up their US headquarters.
"Wipro is finding attractive talent and our market is welcoming its services," Whatley added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation