Wolfsburg have spirit to upset Man United
London: VfL Wolfsburg striker Grafite is optimistic the German side have the team spirit to end Manchester United`s impressive Champions League home record when the sides meet in Group B on Wednesday.
United, aiming to reach a third consecutive Champions League final, have not lost at home in the competition since a 1-0 defeat by AC Milan in February 2005.
But Brazilian Grafite and Edin Dzeko of Bosnia-Herzegovina scored 54 goals between them last season to help Wolfsburg win the Bundesliga for the first time.
"We are looking forward to going there," Grafite told reporters. "We want to have a good match and bring back one or three points. That is our objective.”
"This is a team that has grown together, has had difficulties together but is going through a marvellous period together. There is a brotherhood together on the pitch and in the dressing room," added the striker, who grabbed a hat-trick in Wolfsburg`s opening group victory over CSKA Moscow.
United have won their last seven games in all competitions. Their last Premier League match at Old Trafford was against local rivals Manchester City which ended in a 4-3 victory although goalkeeper Ben Foster was at fault for City`s opening goal.
Foster is likely to start the Wolfsburg match and has received the backing of defender Nemanja Vidic.
"I feel very comfortable with Ben in goal and I have great confidence in him," the Serbian told reporters. "The more games you play with the same keeper or the same defenders the more you learn how to play with each other."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days