A top Army general on Tuesday said Pakistan has a better military industrial base and exports more defence equipment than India.
The central committee of the CPI (M), its highest decision-making body, on Tuesday decided against nominating party general secretary Sitaram Yechury for a third consecutive Rajya Sabha term, a top leader said.
State In Depth
- Another separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested in J&K's Srinagar
- 142 terrorists killed on LoC since 2014 in Jammu & Kashmir: Govt
- Jailed ex-HC judge CS Karnan seeks remission of jail term from new President Ram Nath Kovind
- Delhi cop caught masturbating in front of female constable, suspended
- Mamata Banerjee briefs Rajnath Singh on Darjeeling situation, West Bengal flood
- Mumbai building collapse: Death toll rises to 12, Shiv Sena's Sunil Shitap booked for culpable homicide
Chief Justice of India JS Khehar has named Justice Dipak Misra as his successor.
Jyotiraditya Scindia on Tuesday offered to quit the Lok Sabha if allegations by some BJP MPs that he was "anti-Dalit" were proved.
Former Calcutta High Court judge Justice C.S. Karnan, guilty of contempt of court, has made a representation before newly-elected President Ram Nath Kovind seeking remission of his jail term.
India on Tuesday reacted strongly to OIC resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir during its foreign ministers' meet recently.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday hit back at the Congress for criticising President Ram Nath Kovind`s speech for not mentioning former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru`s name and urged for not politicising every issue.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is reportedly unhappy with the poor attendance of his party colleagues from the both Houses of Parliament, which has been causing trouble or embarrassment for the NDA government.
Last month, Salahuddin was designated as a "global terrorist" by the United States.
Prime Minister on Tuesday expressed his displeasure over BJP members' absence from the both Houses of Parliament.
Around 10,220 acres of defence land is under encroachment across the country the Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
NCERT books will be made available to students of all public and private schools for providing relief from buying text books at steep prices.
Amid a bitter stand-off with China, Indian Army`s Vice Chief Sarath Chand said on Tuesday that Beijing is bound to be a threat to India in the years to come.
A total of 2,753 security personnel were killed in the Naxal-affected states in the last two decades, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
The scam pertains to a Rs 5.60 crore bribe allegedly paid by a medical college to Kerala-based Bharatiya Janata Party leaders for influencing the Medical Council of India.
Pro-Gorkhaland activists took out rallies in Darjeeling on Tuesday during the day but no incident of violence or arson was reported by the police.
The project aimed at promoting adventure and high-end tourism in the state is estimated to cost approximately Rs 157 crore.
BJP MLA Raj Bala has claimed there was no "central place" in her constituency for such meetings, so the guest house be alloted to her in "public interest" and in the "best interest of democracy".
Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) – a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure - on Tuesday launched first two offshore naval petrol vessels (NOPVs) at their shipyard in Pipavav, Gujarat.
The number of pilgrims visiting Amarnath this year has crossed last year's figures and 2,44,263 yatris had 'darshan' at the Holy cave shrine.
The United Democratic Front also said it was dissatisfied over the present probe and asked the government to conduct an impartial investigation.
- 23% of heart failure patients die within a year of diagnosis
- Pak defence industrial base better than ours: Army vice chief
- CPI(M)'s no to third Rajya Sabha term for Sitaram Yechury
- Humpback whales learn songs just like humans do: Study
- CJI Khehar recommends Justice Dipak Misra as his successor
- Women cricketers' show will inspire U-17 football team: Vijay Goel
- Another separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested in J&K's Srinagar
- How to invest in mutual funds- Must watch video
- Watch to know specifications of Reliance's cheapest smartphone
- Transport Minister: Prices of small segment cars won't be increased post GST
- FM on GST: GST rates are lesser than current Tax rates
- Money Guru: Understand how to invest through SIP to earn huge profit
- Money guru: Watch how will GST rates impact your pocket (Part-2)
- Money Guru: You need to disclose these details while e-filing IT return
- Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) Result 2017 declared; check trb.tn.nic.in
- Irfan Pathan faces backlash for posting 'unislamic' photograph of wife Safa Baig on social media
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get HRA hike in the range of 106 to 157% from next month salary, but without arrears
- Anna University Results 2017 declared; check coe1.annauniv.edu,coe2.annauniv.edu, aucoe.annauniv.edu
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA