Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio's disruptive entry has shaken the entire telecom industry.
Reliance has announced a "free welcome offer" for Jio, starting September 5 under which it will provide free data, voice and video to users till December 31, 2016.
Earlier, Reliance Jio 4G SIMs were available only at Reliance Digital stores. However, now it is available to everyone through multi-brand outlets and mobile phone shops. But one will need an ID proof to avail the SIM.
You will need an offer code before you rush to the store for getting a SIM. Follow these steps to generate the Offer Code:
1) Download and open MyJio App from Play Store
2) Tap on 'Get Jio SIM' on the Banner
3) Read through the steps and click on 'Submit'
4) Offer Code can be viewed on the screen. Please note down your Offer Code
5) Check the required documents for submission and visit the nearest store (Reliance Digital & Dx Mini stores, Modern Trade outlets and prominent multi brand Jio stores).
How to know if the Offer Code has been generated?
Once an Offer Code is generated, you can access it anytime by opening MyJio app. You will be able to see the Offer Code on the top banner.