One-way traffic was allowed on the strategic Jammu-Srinagar highway on Monday due to bad road conditions, officials here said.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was today given one-year extension as chairman of his Tehreek-e-Hurriyat party.
The Indian Army has a major challenge in Jammu and Kashmir this year -- to bring down its casualties which saw a steep rise last year compared to previous years. Experts said that the changing tactics of the militants, which include attacks on military installations and provoking civilians during gun battles, pose new challenges.
Fearing DU like violence on its campus, the Ambedkar University in the national capital has postponed an event marking the 26th anniversary of the alleged Kunan Poshpora mass rape in Kashmir.
The Border Security Force (BSF) has raised a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers over unprovoked firing on Indian troops during a flag meeting in Kathua here.
The registration for the annual Amarnath yatra through both Baltal and Chandanwari routes will commence on March 1, an official spokesman said today.
Ummat-e-Islami chairman and Mirwaiz south Kashmir Qazi Yasir was on Saturday detained along with nearly a dozen of his supporters as police foiled their attempt to sit on a token hunger strike here to demand the immediate release of "political prisoners".
Condemning statements made by former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Nalin Kohli said locals picking up arms in Kashmir will be neutralized.
Only one way traffic was allowed on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway on Saturday because of bad condition of the road.
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah today kicked up a controversy by saying that the new generation of militants in Kashmir were fighting for "freedom".
Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat on Friday paid tributes to the three soldiers killed by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Centre along with the Jammu and Kashmir government will be investing Rs 2400 crore over the next five years to give a boost to tourism
The horrific accident was captured on CCTV.
Three people were killed and six others injured on Thursday when militants attacked security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian district.
A court in the Kashmir Valley on Wednesday suspended the bail order of hardliner separatist leader Masrat Alam.
In a flag meeting with the Pakistan Rangers, Border Security Force officers on Wednesday expressed strong resentment over a recently discovered cross-border tunnel on the International Border in Jammu region.
The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was reopened for traffic today, two days after landslides at some places led to closure of the road link.
This is an eye-opener for most of us.
The Kashmir unit of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has, for the first time, organised a counseling session for the youths of Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, against stone pelting.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway was on Wednesday reopened for one-way traffic after two days.
The BSF foiled an infiltration bid along the LoC in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir early today, gunning down a militant even as a huge amount of ammunition was seized.
Setting an example for the rest of the country, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday, announced slew of measures to put a cap on the overspending and use of essential commodities in social, government and private functions.
The Jammu-Srinagar national highway remained closed for the second consecutive day Tuesday stranding scores of vehicles and passengers on the over 300 km long road, an official said.
Border Security Force personnel foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Keri Sector of Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir and gunned down a terrorist in the wee hours of Tuesday.
A high as well as medium danger avalanche warning was issued today for some avalanche-prone areas of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
The Hurriyat leadership in Jammu and Kashmir has called off its strike on Friday in view of the Shivratri or Herath festival celebrations in the state.
The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was closed for traffic on Monday as landslides occurred at several places along the road link following rains.
Firing exchanges continued well past midnight after Pakistan Rangers violated ceasefire at the International Border in Ramgarh sector of Jammu region, a BSF official said on Sunday.
The army has lost 26 soldiers in the line of duty in Jammu and Kashmir in the first two months of 2017, while the security forces have stepped up the heat against militants, killing 22 ultras in 50 days -- the highest since 2010.
Jammu and Kashmir police on Saturday claimed to have busted a module of Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit with the arrest of a militant and nine others who were "influencing" young and innocent boys in Baramulla district to join militancy.
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC? Part II
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!