The Jammu and Kashmir Police has asked its personnel to avoid Eid prayers in public places.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A gunfight started on Sunday between the security forces and holed-up militants in Srinagar, police said.
Meanwhile, two terrorists are still holed up inside the building of the Delhi Public School in Panta Chowk, Sringar and counter-terror operations are underway.
Top police officials expressed resolve that the guilty would not spared for the brutal killing of DSP Mohammad Ayub Pandith and said that a Special Investigation Team (SIT) had been formed to probe the case.
The violation comes just days after two Indian jawans were killed in a cross-border fire in the same area.
One jawan was killed while three people including two soldiers got injured after a group of militants attacked a Central Reserve Police Force's (CRPF) patrol party in Pantha Chowk area of Srinagar district on Saturday.
A mob had lynched Deputy Superintendent of Police Mohammad Ayoub Pandith outside the Jamia Masjid – Srinagar's biggest mosque in Nowhatta area – on Thursday.
Nowhatta, where the lynching took place on Thursday night, falls under the jurisdiction of the North Srinagar SP.
A spokesman of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front said Yasin Malik was arrested from his residence in Maisuma area.
A team of Pakistani special forces had on June 22 sneaked 600 metres across the LoC, killing two Indian soldiers while losing one of their men in retaliatory action.
A cache of arms and ammunition such as assault rifles, magazines, grenades and daggers were recovered from one of the intruders.
Jitendra Singh, blamed the previous Congress governments for the situation in Kashmir.
The Enforcement Directorate on Friday registered a case against Hurriyat Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Hafiz Saeed and members of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq's Hurriyat Conference, Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and Dukhtaran-e-Millat under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
"Deeply disturbed and condemn the brutal act at Nowhatta," the Mirwaiz tweeted about the Thursday killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Muhammad Ayub Pandit outside Jamia Masjid in Nowhatta area.
Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh on Friday branded the cop lynching incident as `murder` and assured action in the matter.
National Conference leader Omar Abdullah on Friday condemned the brutal killing of Deputy Superintendent of Police Mohammed Ayub Pandith.
A group of miscreants tried to set on fire a guard post in south Kashmir's Pulwama district but were chased away by the cops on duty, police said on Friday.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Friday denounced the lynching of a senior police officer here and said the crime was a "murder of trust".
The body of Deputy Superintendent of Police Ayub Pandit was recovered on Friday morning from outside the Jamia Masjid in the Nowhatta area of the old city where he was attacked.
Two Indian soldiers were killed by Pakistani troops on Thursday who carried out an attack 600 metres inside the Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir,
A group of militants tried to sneak in from Pakistan- occupied Kashmir but the bid was foiled by the alert troops, an Army official said.
The Pakistan troops on Thursday violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Nearly a week after a Police Inspector and five policemen were killed in an ambush by militants, the Jammu and Kashmir government led by Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has now provided bulletproof vehicles to police officers for patrolling in sensitive areas.
The slain terrorists men have been identified as Majid Mir, Shariq Ahmad and Irshad Ahmad.
Security forces launched a cordon-and-search operation in Kakapora area of Pulwama around 6 pm following information about presence of militants there.
In order to ensure the safe and secure movement of yatri vehicles, the state police has issued a travel advisory for the forthcoming Amarnath Yatra.
The 74 projects, 71 of which have been tendered out, would be executed in Jammu and Srinagar cities, besides the towns of Anantnag, Leh and Kargil, said the spokesman.
The official claimed that they had received reports earlier also about the SPO selling illicit liquor after which he was put under surveillance.
Two militants were killed on Wednesday in a gunfight with security forces in the Kashmir Valley.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- DNA: Today in History, June 24, 2017
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- 7th Pay Commission: Final decision on allowances on June 28; HRA rate likely to be capped at 27%
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Sheep gives birth to 'half-human half-animal' lamb in South Africa
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster