The Jammu and Kashmir Police on Wednesday rescued 80 persons from an avalanche-prone area in Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Kashmiri actress Zaira Wasim was trolled on social media when her photos with Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti emerged.
Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani was killed in an encounter with security forces on July 8 last year.
After nightlong intermittent snowfall, the Kashmir Valley on Wednesday remained cut off from the rest of the country as road, rail and air traffic got disrupted.
Jammu and Kashmir's Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh on Tuesday said that power supply has been restored in 80 per cent areas of the Kashmir Valley post snowfall.
A man was shot and apprehended after he entered the Nagrota army camp in Jammu and Kashmir`s Jammu district, a defence spokesman said on Tuesday.
Opposition National Conference (NC) on Tuesday staged a walkout from the Assembly alleging that the state government had failed to provide electricity supply to the snow-bound areas of Kashmir.
Intense cold and extremely slippery road conditions prompted the Kashmir University on Tuesday to postpone the day`s scheduled exams and suspend classes for the next 10 days, an official said.
The 40-day long annual 'yatra' to the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas will commence on June 29, the shrine board said on Monday.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Monday linked the revocation of the controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) to improvement in law and order situation and success of security forces in ending terrorism in the state.
The Jammu and Kashmir legislative council Chairman on Monday extended the protection of the house to the National Conference legislator who called Hizbul commander Burhan Wani a "freedom fighter" and said that a police complaint would not be allowed to be lodged against him.
The old and natural cave of Vaishnoevi shrine in Trikuta hills has been opened from today for the pilgrims to pay obeisance, officials said.
The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Monday witnessed uproarious scenes when opposition National Conference (NC) demanded clarification from the state government over the issue of compensation to the victims of 2016 valley unrest.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar highway was closed on Monday due to heavy snowfall.
In yet another victory against terrorism, security forces gunned down at least three terrorists in an encounter on Monday.
An encounter broke out between security forces and terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag.
According to the weather office, another spell of rain and snowfall is likely to occur on January 15 and 16.
A book containing speeches of former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed and write ups on him by some famed writers was released by his daughter and Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti here on Friday.
Over a dozen shops, two banks and a post office were gutted in a massive fire that broke out here in the Kashmir Valley on Friday.
Jammu and Kashmir continued to reel under intense cold wave on Friday as both Srinagar and Jammu recorded the season`s coldest night so far at minus 6.3 and 3.1 degrees Celsius respectively.
All the water bodies in the Valley have frozen over and fisherman and boatmen are finding it difficult to negotiate their passage through the frozen lakes.
The BSF today submitted a second report to the Home Ministry on the allegations of a jawan that poor quality food was being served to soldiers on the LoC, stating that the 'daal' shown in his video was uncanned from tinned food ration and the 'parantha' was cooked in the unit mess as per procedures followed at high-altitude locations.
Two terrorists were killed by the army as it foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Over 13,700 foreigners, including Tibetans and Rohingyas Muslims from Myanmar, are settled in Jammu and Kashmir where the population of foreign nationals has increased by over 6,000 from 2008 to 2016.
The opposition walked out of the assembly on Wednesday in protest against the civilian killings during the 2016 unrest in the Kashmir Valley and asked the government for judicial probe into the deaths.
Opposition members walked out of the state Assembly on Tuesday following an uproar over the tension between two communities in Kathua district.
A militant was killed on Tuesday in an encounter with security forces in Kashmir's north Bandipora district, police said.
Life was thrown out of gear in Kashmir Valley on Friday due to heavy snowfall which continued at some places till yesterday as well.
Three civilians working as labourers were killed in a pre-dawn terror attack by militants on a General Engineering Reserve Force camp near LoC in Akhnoor Sector.
"The 300-km long highway is closed for vehicular traffic since Friday following snowfall and heavy rains at various places en route," a Traffic Police officer said.
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- Celebrations in Akhilesh camp after winning 'cycle race'
- Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt takes Re1 as dowry from wife's family
- 25 children selected for National Bravery Awards 2016
- DNA : Journey of "Sonam Wangchuk", Man who took education to level new heights in Laddakh
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- Which is your favourite: Virat Kohli's jab or MS Dhoni's helicopter shot — VIDEO
- Viral video: She was walking wearing sleeveless top and jeans — Know what happened next
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- WATCH: Najibullah Zadran's 'ridiculous shot' which went for a six is killing the Internet
- This Kashmiri IAS officer’s Facebook post on `Dangal` girl Zaira Wasim’s situation is going viral – Read here