One civilian was killed and 35 injured others, including five policemen, were injured in violent protests as authorities braced for a recurrence of the 2016 unrest that saw nearly 100 dead.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has postponed the written test for Civil Service (Judicial) Competitive Examination, which was scheduled to be held on Sunday.
At least 35 people got injured in clashes in different areas of Kashmir Valley with five security personnel also receiving bullet injuries, officials said.
Sabzar joined militancy at the age of 15 when security forces killed Burhan's brother, Khalid, in Tral.
The spike in Pakistani attempts to breach the border comes as the Muslims have begun their holy month of Ramadan across the country.
A civilian was killed and at least 30 people were on Saturday injured in violent clashes between protesters and security forces in the Kashmir Valley following the killing of two Hizbul Mujahideen militants, including top commander Sabzar Bhat, in an encounter in Pulwama district.
The weapons recovered included AK-47 and INSAS rifles. The police and the Army had cordoned off the area after the attack. A massive anti-insurgency operation is currently underway.
Hizbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat was killed along with another militant in an encounter with security forces in Tral area of Kashmir's Pulwama district.
It has not even been 24 hours since the social media sites and applications including Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter were restored in Kashmir Valley.
Sabzar Bhat alias Abu Zarar had succeeded former Hizbul commander Burhan Wani, who was killed on July 08, 2016, in Anantnag district.
The burglars looted the money from a J&K Bank ATM in Unisoo village in Langate area late Friday night.
The ban came in when these social networking sites were being "misused by anti-national and anti-social elements to create law and order disturbances" in Kashmir.
Rampur sector is adjacent to the Uri sector where the Army on Friday foiled an attack by Pakistan`s Border Action Team and killed two intruders.
A group of terrorists attacked at Indian Army's patrolling party at Jammu and Kashmir's Saimooh village in Pulwama's Tral area on Friday.
Clashes broke out between protestors and security forces after Friday prayers in north Kashmir's Sopore town and Old City in Srinagar.
In a significant development, the Indian Army on Friday foiled a major infiltration bid allegedly backed by the Pakistani BAT along the LoC in the Uri sector of J&K.
A short video has emerged showing the members of delegation meeting hardline separatist leader, Syed Ali Geelani, at his uptown Hyderpora residence in Srinagar.
A delegation of peace activists led by Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Thursday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti and senior separatist leaders in an effort to create space for dialogue in the unrest-wracked state.
The Centre on Thursday said it is keeping a close watch on illegal flow of funds to fuel militancy in Jammu and Kashmir.
Farooq Ahmed Dar, the stone-pelter, who was tied to the bonnet of a jeep by Major Leetul Gogoi, has filed a complaint in the state Human Rights Commission, Jammu and Kashmir against the latter's recommendation for a Commendation Card by the Indian Army.
A school bus with 40 children on board from Manjakot in Poonch to Peer Ki Gali on the Mughal Road returned with all its occupants safe.
Senior Congress leader on Thursday met moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman to discuss the prevailing situation in Kashmir.
In response to Indian Army's 'punitive fire assaults' video, a jittery Pakistan has now released a video claiming that its security forces have destroyed Indian border posts in the Nowshera sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
At least one civilian was injured when suspected militants lobbed grenades on CRPF and SOG camp in Shopian in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday evening, news agency PTI reported.
The UN has denied that its observers in Kashmir came under attack from Indian Army in Kashmir, refuting the Pakistani allegations.
Pakistani fighter jets flew near the Siachen Glacier on Wednesday, according to a Pakistani media report.
Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party (JKPDP or PDP) worker Abdul Qayoom was allegedly shot at by suspected terrorists at Jammu and Kashmir's Srinagar on Wednesday night.
Army officers are free to take decisions in a "war-like" zone, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said on Wednesday referring to the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti met Governor N N Vohra here on Wednesday and discussed law and order, shelling along the Line of Control (LoC), infiltration attempts by militants and other issues.
The Jammu and Kashmir government has demanded around 27,000 security personnel to ensure safety of the pilgrims going to visit the Amarnath holy shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Patna sex racket: Non bailable warrant against Bihar Congress leader Brijesh Pandey
- People who demand proof for surgical strike are fools, says Paresh Rawal
- DNA: Passengers on Tejas Express steal headphones, damage screens
- Does India deserve the best facilities? Tejas Express defiled after first day of operations
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- Jharkhand: Naxals attack railway station, set goods train engine on fire
- 3 years of Modi govt: Zee Media's Exclusive with Radha Mohan Singh, Minister for Agriculture
- DNA: Analysing three years of Narendra Modi Government
- Watch: PM Modi inaugurates India's longest Dhola-Sadiya bridge in Assam
- Exclusive: In conversation with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu over changes in Indian Railway
- Soaps, shampoos distributed among locals in Kushinagar before Yogi Adityanath's visit
- Today in History, 26th May 2017
- Know how PM Modi changed India in 3 years
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Wreckage of Indian Air Force's missing Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet found
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100
- Tral encounter: Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Pulwama; shutdown in Kashmir Valley
- West Bengal Madhyamik Result: WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared shortly; check wbresults.nic.in
- Hizbul Commander Sabzar Bhat killed: Know how Burhan Wani's successor was tracked by intelligence agencies
- 21 Lashkar terrorists preparing for 'big terror attack' in India; Delhi Police on high alert
- Indian Army foils ambush by Pakistan's Border Action Team in Uri, two attackers gunned down
- Mitchell McCleneghan slams fan for anti-Muslim rant on Twitter
- Video of weeping toddler trying to breastfeed on dead mother is heartbreaking
- 'Sachin: A Billion Dreams' movie review: You don't have to be a cricket fan to love this film
- PM seeks people's feedback on three years of BJP govt as MODI Fest begins across 900 cities today