Firing exchanges continued well past midnight after Pakistan Rangers violated ceasefire at the International Border in Ramgarh sector of Jammu region, a BSF official said on Sunday.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The army has lost 26 soldiers in the line of duty in Jammu and Kashmir in the first two months of 2017, while the security forces have stepped up the heat against militants, killing 22 ultras in 50 days -- the highest since 2010.
Jammu and Kashmir police on Saturday claimed to have busted a module of Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit with the arrest of a militant and nine others who were "influencing" young and innocent boys in Baramulla district to join militancy.
Shortly after senior PDP leader Basharat Bukhari resigned from the Jammu and Kashmir cabinet, another PDP leader Imran Ansari followed by puting in his papers on Friday.
Apparently irked over change of his portfolio, senior Peoples Democratic Party leader Basharat Bukhari on Friday resigned from Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti`s cabinet.
Syed Basharat Bukhari on Friday resigned from the Cabinet of Mehbooba Mufti soon after he was shifted from high-profile Revenue, Relief, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Ministry to Horticulture department.
Accusing the Congress of speaking in the voice of separatists and politicising the Army for "lowly political gains", the BJP today defended Army Chief Bipin Rawat's statement on tough action against locals hampering counter-militancy operations in Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Friday expanded her cabinet by inducting senior PDP leader Syed Altaf Bukhari, who was dropped when she formed the government 10 months ago after the death of her father Mufti Mohammad Sayeed.
A political slugfest has broken out over Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat’s statement.
There was huge improvement in the night temperature across Kashmir division, including Ladakh region, even as some places in the Valley received rains overnight.
A day after Army Chief General Bipin Rawat issued a strong warning to stone-pelters, the Jammu and Kashmir government of Mehbooba Mufti has issued an advisory asking people to stay away from the encounter areas.
Recovery of a wireless set by a villager near the Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir today triggered panic before it was found that the device belonged to the army.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti will carry out tomorrow the first expansion of her nine-month-old ministry with induction of one or two PDP members.
Opposition National Conference today dubbed as "tragic" the Army Chief's warning of tough action against stone-pelters and said the government needs to engage politically with the "alienated" youth of the Valley.
Overnight rains at many places and fresh light snowfall in Gulmarg led to an increase in the minimum temperatures across the Valley and Ladakh region, with the mercury settling above the freezing point at most places.
Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat on Wednesday said those Kashmiris supporting terrorists would be considered anti-national.
The wreath laying ceremony for Rifleman Ravi Kumar was held today in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Army today paid homage to four soldiers, including an officer, who laid down their lives during two counter-insurgency operations in Bandipora and Kupwara districts of Kashmir.
Major Satish Dahiya , 31, led the Army operation in Handwara town in which three terrorists were killed.
Authorities today imposed restrictions in parts of south Kashmir's Kulgam district as a precautionary measure in view of separatists' call for a march to protest the death of two civilians there on Sunday.
Overcast conditions led to an increase in the minimum temperatures across Kashmir division, with the mercury settling above the freezing point at most places in the Valley, even as the Meteorological department forecast rains or snow over next few days.
At least 17 persons, including nine militants, six soldiers, and two civilians, were killed since Monday in three different gunfights in the Valley.
Four Army men, including a Major were on Tuesaday killed in two separate encounters in Kashmir.
While the forces were conducting the search operation in Bandipora district, the hiding militants fired upon them, triggering an encounter.
The army today paid tributes to the two jawans killed in an encounter with militants yesterday in Kulgam district
Curfew was today imposed in south Kashmir's Kulgam district and Shopian town after two civilians were killed yesterday
Violent clashes erupted on Sunday in Fraesal village of Kulgam district where eight people -- two civilians, two soldiers, four local militants -- were killed during a gunfight.
The incident triggered clashes between civilians and security forces, leaving around two dozen people injured.
A youth was killed and 18 were injured today in clashes between stone pelters and security forces following the gunning down of four militants in an encounter in south Kashmir's Kulgam district.
Condemning the Kulgam encounter, Union Minister in Prime Minister`s Office, Jitendra Singh on Sunday said Pakistan has emerged as an epicenter of terrorism.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- DNA: NonStop News
- Analysing the credibility of Pakistan's claim for operating against terrorists - Part II
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch