The Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday approved the creation of additional 3,000 supernumerary posts for Kashmiri migrants under the Prime Minister's package.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The Union home ministry is keeping a close watch on the situation in Jammu and Kashmir following the announcement by terror organisation Al-Qaeda on setting up of a new outfit in Kashmir under the aegis of known militant Zakir Musa, an official said on Friday.
Gen Rawat arrived in Jammu in the morning to review the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir and interact with soldiers in forward areas along the LoC.
Jammu and Kashmir's top cop on Friday played down reports of former Hizbul Mujahideen commander Zakir Musa being named as the head of al Qaeda cell in the state.
The Supreme Court has now referred the case to a three-judge bench for a larger debate over it.
The Indian and Pakistani Army have been engaging each other in frequent firing exchanges on the LoC in these two districts.
More than 13,000 Jammu and Kashmir students have benefitted from the Prime Minister's Special Scholarship since 2011.
A joint party of Indian Army and Jammu and Kashmir Police were on Thursday attacked by a group of terrorists in the Shopian district of the state.
National Investigation Agency on Thursday issued summons to the elder son of Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
The seven Kashmiri separatist leaders, who were arrested for allegedly funding terror outfits in Jammu and Kashmir, will undergo a lie detector test.
Former Hizbul Mujahideen commander Zakir Musa, who is active in Kashmir, has been appointed as head of a newly created al Qaeda cell Ansar Ghazwat-Ul-Hind.
In another incident, an absconder Kala Khan was arrested in Kalakote belt of Rajouri district.
The Indian Army on Thursday foiled an infiltration bid by Pakistan-backed militants in the Gurez Sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
CRPF DG RR Bhatnagar said a number of steps were taken in the recent past like re-positioning of the troops, having a new strategy to achieve the results that are being seen now.
The official said Ahmad was riding a motorcycle to his home in Yaripora area of Kulgam.
The Jammu and Kashmir government has recorded Rs 4,650 crore deficit in collection of power tariff during the year 2015-16, a report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has said.
Security forces on Wednesday arrested a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant, who was earlier involved in incidents of stone pelting, in Sopore town of north Kashmir's Baramulla district, police said.
An encounter broke out between security forces and terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag district on Wednesday afternoon.
Syed Ali Shah Geelani, the top most Separatist of Jammu and Kashmir and his family have amassed wealth worth crores of rupees and also own benami properties.
Separatist leader Shabir Shah, who was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with the alleged terror funding case, was on Wednesday sent to a seven-day custody.
Lt Gen Anbu recalled the war of 1999 as a very proud moment for the Indian Army.
Nazar has been apprehended in a combined operation by the Army, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the Special Operations Group
Seven people including Altaf Ahmed Shah, the son-in-law of hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani, were arrested on July 24 by the NIA.
The National Investigation Agency on Tuesday arrested another senior separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah in Srinagar in a money laundering case.
The Indian Army has foiled 84 infiltration bids on LoC since 2014, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
A Delhi court sent all seven Hurriyat leaders, who were arrested on Monday on terror funding charges, to the 10-day custody of National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Separatists in Kashmir have called for a bandh on Tuesday to protest against the arrest of seven persons, including the son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with its terror funding probe.
Two separate inquires have been ordered by the home ministry into the death of a CRPF man in Jammu and Kashmir due to alleged negligence by his superior, who reportedly did not allow the sick jawan to be taken to the nearest medical centre.
This year, the yatra will conclude on Shravan Purnima (Raksha Bandhan) on August 7.
- Watch - Bike riders swept away with flood water in West Bengal
- Bihar Assembly trust vote: Some Congress MLAs may back Nitish Kumar
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Indian women's cricket team
- Watch : 2-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat floods: Death toll rises to 123
- Shehbaz Sharif likely to succeed Nawaz Sharif as Pakistan PM
- Watch: Akshay Kumar hails Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Terror funding case: NIA to seek court's consent for polygraph test on Separatist leaders
- Who is behind terror funding in Kashmir?
- Dawood Ibrahim may be behind terror funding in Kashmir: NIA sources
- Panama Papers case: Nawaz Sharif found guilty, sacked as Pakistan PM
- CM Nitish Kumar to expand Bihar cabinet today
- Rajya Sabha MP Dr Subhash Chandra's speech at Governor House in Shimla - Watch
- Himachal Pradesh Governor honours Rajya Sabha MP Dr Subhash Chandra
- Vande Mataram row: Chaos witnessed in Maharashtra Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal asked me to use abusive words: Ram Jethmalani tells Arun Jaitley
- Jab Harry Met Sejal: Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma head to Dubai for promotions- See pic
- Bollywood actor Inder Kumar suffers heart attack, passes away at 43
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- Bharti Singh to quit 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- High speed rail running at 100 km/h to connect Delhi with cities in UP, Haryana, Rajasthan
- Panama Papers case: Pakistan's Supreme Court disqualifies PM Nawaz Sharif
- Govt likely to extend July 31 deadline for filing income tax returns
- ITR filing 2017: Attention last minute tax filers! Know about key changes made by govt this year
- Will launch nuclear strike against China if President Donald Trump orders: US Navy Admiral Scott Swift
- Will Nitish Kumar's 'ghar wapsi' in NDA help BJP in Rajya Sabha? Here are the numbers
- Britain plans to send warship to South China Sea in move likely to irk Beijing
- French lawmakers approve law banning nepotism
- Modi govt to detect tax evaders via information from Instagram, Facebook post
- Nitish Kumar wins floor test in Bihar; Modi-led NDA goes strong in 18 Indian states