Some arms and ammunition were recovered from a truck engaged in cross-LoC trade in Uri sector of north Kashmir's Baramulla district.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Schools in Kashmir were shut after the unrest following the killing of Hizbul leader Burhan Wani on July 8 last year.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway will remain closed for the second consecutive day on Wednesday due to landslides, a traffic department official said.
Mild earthquake on Tuesday hit Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was closed due to massive landslide triggered by rains in Ramban district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said today.
A three-day long spell of rain and snow was forecast for Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday as an overcast night sky caused night temperatures to rise.
Landslides on Tuesday forced closure of the Jammu-Srinagar national highway yet again stranding scores of vehicles carrying passengers and goods, a traffic department official said.
With pellet guns leaving hundreds of protesters in Jammu and Kashmir with severe eye injuries, a modified version of the weapon will now be used.
One-way traffic was allowed on the strategic Jammu-Srinagar highway on Monday due to bad road conditions, officials here said.
Hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was today given one-year extension as chairman of his Tehreek-e-Hurriyat party.
The Indian Army has a major challenge in Jammu and Kashmir this year -- to bring down its casualties which saw a steep rise last year compared to previous years. Experts said that the changing tactics of the militants, which include attacks on military installations and provoking civilians during gun battles, pose new challenges.
Fearing DU like violence on its campus, the Ambedkar University in the national capital has postponed an event marking the 26th anniversary of the alleged Kunan Poshpora mass rape in Kashmir.
The Border Security Force (BSF) has raised a strong protest with Pakistan Rangers over unprovoked firing on Indian troops during a flag meeting in Kathua here.
The registration for the annual Amarnath yatra through both Baltal and Chandanwari routes will commence on March 1, an official spokesman said today.
Ummat-e-Islami chairman and Mirwaiz south Kashmir Qazi Yasir was on Saturday detained along with nearly a dozen of his supporters as police foiled their attempt to sit on a token hunger strike here to demand the immediate release of "political prisoners".
Condemning statements made by former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Nalin Kohli said locals picking up arms in Kashmir will be neutralized.
Only one way traffic was allowed on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway on Saturday because of bad condition of the road.
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah today kicked up a controversy by saying that the new generation of militants in Kashmir were fighting for "freedom".
Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat on Friday paid tributes to the three soldiers killed by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Centre along with the Jammu and Kashmir government will be investing Rs 2400 crore over the next five years to give a boost to tourism
The horrific accident was captured on CCTV.
Three people were killed and six others injured on Thursday when militants attacked security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian district.
A court in the Kashmir Valley on Wednesday suspended the bail order of hardliner separatist leader Masrat Alam.
In a flag meeting with the Pakistan Rangers, Border Security Force officers on Wednesday expressed strong resentment over a recently discovered cross-border tunnel on the International Border in Jammu region.
The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was reopened for traffic today, two days after landslides at some places led to closure of the road link.
This is an eye-opener for most of us.
The Kashmir unit of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has, for the first time, organised a counseling session for the youths of Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, against stone pelting.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway was on Wednesday reopened for one-way traffic after two days.
The BSF foiled an infiltration bid along the LoC in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir early today, gunning down a militant even as a huge amount of ammunition was seized.
Setting an example for the rest of the country, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday, announced slew of measures to put a cap on the overspending and use of essential commodities in social, government and private functions.
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- DNA: Indian soldiers shown as superheroes in comic series
- DNA: Are our soldiers upset over the anti-national atmosphere in the country?
- Sedition case: Delhi Police has evidence to charge JNU students Umar Khalid, Anirban
- I&B Minister Venkaiah Naidu targets Rahul Gandhi over tweet on Gurmehar Kaur
- Andhra Pradesh: Bus accident in Krishna district kills 6, many injured
- DNA: Today in History | February 27, 2017
- PM Modi greets Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on his birthday
- AISA supporters stage 'Save DU' flag march; Miranda House students protest against ABVP, AISA
- Specially designed indigenous 'Antimine shoes' to detect land mines
- UP polls: PM Modi to address rallies in Maharajganj and Deoria
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- JNU case: Delhi Police has evidence to nail Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya, 7 others
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Virender Sehwag breaks silence over viral tweet, says it wasn't meant for Kargil martyr's daughter
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, Phogat family slams Javed Akhtar for 'hardly literate wrestler' jibe
- Note ban: PM Narendra Modi takes a dig at Amartya Sen, says `hard work more powerful than Harvard`
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership subscription at Rs 99 starts from today – Check out the full tariff chart
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Is it right to support someone who doesn't support the nation? Asks Babita Phogat
- DSGMC Elections 2017 Results: SAD (Badal) emerges as clear winner, says Congress, AAP rejected
- Kansas shooting: White House breaks silence days after Indian techie's killing, says `early reports` are disturbing
- David Warner's 'one-word description' of Indian skipper Virat Kohli will make ever Indian proud
- Why Dimple Yadav's speech in which she gave new 'Kasab' acronym is trending – Watch here