Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday criticized National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah for his remarks on Kashmir issue and said that the situation in Kashmir Valley would be same as Syria and Afghanistan if America intervenes on the matter.
Jammu And Kashmir News
At least eight policemen including an Assistant Sub-Inspector, were injured after soldiers beat them up for allegedly stopping their vehicle at a check-post in Kashmir on Friday late night.
A fresh batch of over 1,100 pilgrims left here on Saturday to perform the ongoing Amarnath Yatra, an official said.
Bearing the brunt of the heavy shelling and ceasefire violation by the Pakistani troops, a school premise was heavily damaged here.
According to the sources, Pakistan army violated ceasefire by resorting to unprovked firing across the LoC in Chhamb sector at 6.05 p.m.
An army official said the Indian Army is retaliating to the Pakistani aggression in equal measure.
Police arrested Malik in Druggen area after the Friday prayers when Malik came out of a mosque to lead the march towards the headquarters of the UN Military Observers Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) in Sonawar area.
Srinagar District Magistrate Farooq Ahmad Lone said restrictions under section 144 CrPc were imposed in areas falling under the jurisdiction of seven police stations -- Rainawari, Khanyar, Nowhatta, M.R.Gunj, Safa Kadal, Maisuma and Ram Munshibagh.
While 11 people have been rescued from the debris, many others are feared trapped and the toll is likely to rise, police said.
The authorities on Thursday closed as many as 85 schools as heavy shelling from the Pakistan side continued along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir's in Nowshera and Manjkote sectors.
A massive search operation has been launched to flush out most wanted Lashkar-e-Toiba commander Abu Dujana and two of his top associates after they managed to escape from the hands of the security forces.
Three persons were killed and several houses and shops were damaged on Thursday in a cloudburst in the hilly Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
An Army JCO injured in Pakistani shelling on the Line of Control died on Wednesday.
A 60-year-old pilgrim from Madhya Pradesh died on his way back from the Amarnath shrine.
The number of stone-pelting incidents in Kashmir has dropped down to 664 in 2017 as compared to 2,808 in 2016.
A 60-year-old pilgrim from Madhya Pradesh died on his way back from the Amarnath shrine, taking the death toll in the ongoing annual yatra to 48, officials said on Wednesday.
Pakistani troops on Wednesday violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Bhimber Gali sector.
Two Indian Army jawans were killed as Pakistani troops pounded several places in Jammu and Kashmir.
All the schools in Nowshera and Manjakote sectors of Rajouri district have been closed for an indefinite period.
Escorted by the CRPF and police, the batch comprising of 1,522 males, 467 females, and 235 sadhus and sadhvis left in a convoy of 85 vehicles for Baltal and Pahalgam base-camps this morning, officials said.
It was not immediately known of the Pakistani side suffered any retaliatory action.
Only one-way traffic was restored on the highway.
The three terrorists, who were on Monday night eliminated by the security forces in an encounter in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, were involved in July 10 Amarnath terror attack, in which seven pilgrims from Gujarat were killed.
The Pakistani Army again began indiscriminate firing and mortars from 1:50 pm on Tuesday along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Naushera sector.
The Indian Army on Tuesday killed at least two terrorists in an encounter that broke out in Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district.
Former Qazigund sarpanch Nazir Ahmad Shah was injured in firing by terrorists here in Panzath village.
The Pakistan Army on Tuesday resorted to shelling and firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Bhimbher Gali sector and Poonch.
In this month, seven people, including four jawans, have died in firing and shelling by the Pakistani Army along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir.
The apex court had on June 8, issued notice to the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir Police on the plea of Pandita, who also hails from Kupwara, and sought the status report on the probe.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Lesson to learn! Israel's way of dealing with stone pelters
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Naresh Agarwal issues notice against media for reporting his controversial statement in Parliament
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Watch: Dress rehearsal for oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
- DNA: Today In History, July 21, 2017
- DNA: Analysing the article published in China's Global Times about standoff at Dokhlam
- Watch: Alarming report on 'wrong-side driving' in India
- Basirhat: International Muslim Conference scheduled for today cancelled
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to attend PM Modi's dinner for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha leaked online, Akshay Kumar appeals fans to say 'no to piracy'
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- Munna Michael movie review: Cliched and uninspiring
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- WATCH: Deepti Sharma takes a stunner to dismiss Nicole Bolton in IND vs AUS WWC 2017 semi-final
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur destroys Australia with rampaging knock in ICC Women's WC semi-final
- Saif Ali Khan writes an open letter on 'nepotism debate' and his apology to Kangana Ranaut
- Pune techie bleeds to death on road; onlookers click photos, videos
- Smriti Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for taking dig at Centre, says ‘thank you’