More than 13,000 Jammu and Kashmir students have benefitted from the Prime Minister's Special Scholarship since 2011.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A joint party of Indian Army and Jammu and Kashmir Police were on Thursday attacked by a group of terrorists in the Shopian district of the state.
National Investigation Agency on Thursday issued summons to the elder son of Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
The seven Kashmiri separatist leaders, who were arrested for allegedly funding terror outfits in Jammu and Kashmir, will undergo a lie detector test.
Former Hizbul Mujahideen commander Zakir Musa, who is active in Kashmir, has been appointed as head of a newly created al Qaeda cell Ansar Ghazwat-Ul-Hind.
In another incident, an absconder Kala Khan was arrested in Kalakote belt of Rajouri district.
The Indian Army on Thursday foiled an infiltration bid by Pakistan-backed militants in the Gurez Sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
CRPF DG RR Bhatnagar said a number of steps were taken in the recent past like re-positioning of the troops, having a new strategy to achieve the results that are being seen now.
The official said Ahmad was riding a motorcycle to his home in Yaripora area of Kulgam.
The Jammu and Kashmir government has recorded Rs 4,650 crore deficit in collection of power tariff during the year 2015-16, a report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) has said.
Security forces on Wednesday arrested a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant, who was earlier involved in incidents of stone pelting, in Sopore town of north Kashmir's Baramulla district, police said.
An encounter broke out between security forces and terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag district on Wednesday afternoon.
Syed Ali Shah Geelani, the top most Separatist of Jammu and Kashmir and his family have amassed wealth worth crores of rupees and also own benami properties.
Separatist leader Shabir Shah, who was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with the alleged terror funding case, was on Wednesday sent to a seven-day custody.
Lt Gen Anbu recalled the war of 1999 as a very proud moment for the Indian Army.
Nazar has been apprehended in a combined operation by the Army, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the Special Operations Group
Seven people including Altaf Ahmed Shah, the son-in-law of hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani, were arrested on July 24 by the NIA.
The National Investigation Agency on Tuesday arrested another senior separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah in Srinagar in a money laundering case.
The Indian Army has foiled 84 infiltration bids on LoC since 2014, the Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
A Delhi court sent all seven Hurriyat leaders, who were arrested on Monday on terror funding charges, to the 10-day custody of National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Separatists in Kashmir have called for a bandh on Tuesday to protest against the arrest of seven persons, including the son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with its terror funding probe.
Two separate inquires have been ordered by the home ministry into the death of a CRPF man in Jammu and Kashmir due to alleged negligence by his superior, who reportedly did not allow the sick jawan to be taken to the nearest medical centre.
This year, the yatra will conclude on Shravan Purnima (Raksha Bandhan) on August 7.
Hurriyat leadership has called for a shutdown in the Kashmir Valley on Tuesday.
In a significant development, the Jammu and Kashmir police on Monday claimed that they have identified the "over-ground workers" of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba who had provided logistical help to militants before the attack on Amarnath pilgrims.
Following Kargil Day celebrations, Indian Army personnel on Monday displayed a Bofors gun in Drass.
A CRPF spokesman said an inquiry has been ordered into the entire incident including the alleged thrashing of the company commander by his subordinates.
Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Sajid Ahmad Gilkar, who played a key role in instigating the mob to lynch DSP Ayub Pandith, was killed by security forces in Budgam district on July 12, the Jammu and Kashmir Police confirmed on Monday.
The month of July has seen greater ceasefire violations, which resulted in killings of 11 people, including nine soldiers and injuries to 16 others besides dislocation of thousands of people from the border areas of the state.
A batch of 1,002 pilgrims left Jammu for the 3,888-metre-high Amarnath cave shrine of Lord Shiva in south Kashmir Himalayas on Sunday where over two lakh devotees have paid obeisance this year.
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- Separatist leader Shabir Shah arrested for terror funding, to be presented before Delhi court today
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- 4G speed on Jio network slowest in India; Airtel has the fastest: OpenSignal