Troubles for former deputy inspector general of police (DIG) (Prisons) Roopa do not cease to end as now a legal notice has been served to her by the lawyer of Director General (Prisons) G. Sathyanarayan Rao.
A 22-year-old student of a city college was arrested here on Monday for allegedly swindling over Rs 50 lakh from other students by borrowing sums from them, citing various reasons.
Abhayachandra Jain, elected from Moodbidri assembly constituency, said she was not hit by the car, but the side mirror had only brushed against her.
Candidates can log on to results.vtu.ac.in to check their results.
The police have beefed-up security outside all 42 Metro stations in the city after the defacement came to light on Thursday morning.
The Karnataka government will gift laptops to 1.5 lakh students of 'poor' families joining colleges across the state this academic year, Law Minister T. B. Jaychandra said on Wednesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday justified his government's demand for a separate state flag and said that it was in no way an insult to the national flag.
On July 14, Roopa had also said she is being unnecessarily targetted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
On July 14, Roopa had also said she is being unnecessarily targeted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
Karnataka govt has appointed retired IAS officer Vinay Kumar to probe into alleged special treatment meted out to Sasikala.
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has published the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET 2017) second round allotment result.
Bengaluru's Deputy Inspector General (Prisons) D. Roopa on Friday said she is being unnecessarily targeted and singled out for exposing irregularities at the Parappana Agrahara Central prison.
The Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) declared the Karnataka SSLC supplementary result 2017 on Thursday.
The Karnataka SSLC Supplementary Class 10th Results 2017 likley to be declared on Thursday.
Multi-crore fake stamp paper scam kingpin Abdul Karim Telgi is serving his jail sentence at Parappana Agrahara Central Jail in Karnataka.
Karnataka on Tuesday told the Supreme Court that the 1924 agreement between the then British province of Madras and the princely State of Mysore could not be the basis of sharing Cauvery river water between the present day Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and present day needs must taken into account.
He is too smart to be caught! Wearing a policeman's cap, a drunk man rides a stolen police bike in full-speed leaving behind his fellow bikers.
RSS spokesperson Rajesh Parmar said Sharath`s murder was the 12th such killing in Karnataka in the last four years.
On June 22, Junaid Khan was allegedly lynched by unidentified persons on a local train while travelling from Ghaziabad to Mathura.
RSS activist Sharath Madiwala, who was stabbed by a group of unidentified assailants at Bantwal near here, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital on Friday.
To a question on de-notifying roads in cities to help bars and pubs, he said states could de-notify only state highways.
As many as four lakh commuters were stranded when they found all stations had been closed, police said.
A married Hindu-Muslim couple were allegedly denied a room at Olive Residency on Annipuram Main Road in Sudhama Nagar.
Prohibitory orders under IPC section 144 have been clamped in four taluks of Dakshina Kannada district following alleged communal clashes in some areas.
On March 21, the court directed the Karnataka Government to supply 2000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu every day.
Earlier in February, the Karnataka Government had passed an amendment bill in the state assembly to legalise the traditional buffalo race Kambala.
Signages in Hindi in at least two of the metro stations in Bengaluru have been masked, following the protest by pro-Kannada activists and social media users.
Rizwan (29), the owner of the scooter and a resident of Jeppu near here, was arrested yesterday, police said.
A person has been arrested for creating a fake twitter account under the name of Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, and tweet contents as if it was tweeted by the office of the chief minister.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- Mumbai: Four-storey building collapses; at least 3 dead, many trapped
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Taimur pushes mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan – Watch Video to know why he does so
- Team India skipper Mithali Raj to be gifted BMW, confirms V Chamundeswaranath