Karnataka Chief Minister S Siddaramiah and Home Minister Dr G Parameshwara had a narrow escape when their helicopter suffered a bird hit during take off on Monday.
A six-year-old girl, who went missing in Karnataka's Veerbhadranagar area was found dead at her neighbor's house on Sunday evening.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) team are at the spot in Athani taluk of Belagavi district where a six-year-old girl fell into an open borewell on Saturday night.
A six-year-old girl slipped into an open borewell in a village in Karnataka's Belagavi district on Saturday.
A Bajrang Dal activist's body was found on Friday under mysterious circumstances on the shores of Alivebagilu Beach.
The incident took place on Thursday during a public function where the Mandya Superintendent of Police, CH Sudhir Kumar Reddy was also present.
Three coaches and the engine of Aurangabad-Hyderabad passenger train derailed in Karnataka in the early hours today, an official of the South Central Railway (SCR) said.
A Sessions Court on Wednesday acquitted French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier of raping his minor daughter in 2012, citing lack of evidence.
"Micro" tremors were reported in some parts of the city and neighbouring districts for a couple of seconds on Tuesday, causing some panic among the people.
Seven engineering students, three of them female, and their teacher from Belgaum in Karnataka drowned in the sea off Malvan, Sindhudurg, here on Saturday afternoon, police said.
V Nagaraj, popularly known as "Bomb Naga", is alleged to have been involved in converting black money into white by exchanging old currency notes since they were banned on November 8.
Three Indian Mujahideen activists were sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for making explosives and conspiring with the outfit's founder Riyaz Bhatkal to carry out terror attacks here and other places in the country.
Expressing happiness over the recent victory in the state bypolls, Karnataka Chief Minister K. Siddaramaiah on Thursday defended his government from the ongoing Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) controversy in the country and said the voting machines were not tampered in these two by-polls.
The ruling Congress on Thursday retained the two assembly seats of Nanjangud (SC) and Gundlupet in Karnataka where by-polls were held on Sunday.
Two persons suffocated to death on Wednesday after they fell into a deep dry borewell in Karnataka's Gadag district.
The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is planning to install drones in order to conduct survey, 3-D map buildings and verify property owners' claims during the payment of tax.
An estimated 76 and 78 per cent of voters exercised their franchise in the bypolls to Nanjanagud and Gundlupet Assembly constituencies in Karnataka on Sunday.
An estimated 45 per cent of the voters exercised their franchise till 2.30 pm on Sunday in the by-polls to two assembly constituencies in Karnataka.
The ruling Congress and BJP are playing for high stakes in Sunday's by-elections in Nanjanagud and Gundlupet of Karanataka, with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah investing much prestige into the contest.
The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a Karnataka government plea seeking review of its September 20, 2016 order asking it to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu till September 27, saying it has become "infructuous" as several subsequent orders were passed.
It seems some other states too are welcoming the step of crackdown on illegal meat shops and slaughterhouses taken by the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government.
According to the Karnataka Government, the Supreme Court`s verdict of abatement of the corruption case against J Jayalalithaa, the late Tamil Nadu chief minister, stands as a fault in the record.
The ongoing heat wave conditions across the southern states have led to severe water crisis in Gulbarga city in Karnataka.
It is said to dream big, as one never know when it will come true. But Akash Jain, the young Bengaluru-based entrepreneur won't have ever dreamt that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who hardly follows 1,700 people across the world, would become one of his followers on Twitter.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lawmaker in Karnataka preferred a village cowshed over a five-star hotel for his accommodation at Mysuru.
A government official in charge of welfare of the Backward Classes has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor girl at the BC hostel here.
Owners of liquor shops in Karnataka, who were waiting for the Supreme Court's direction, heaved a sigh of relief after learning that they had time till September 30 to relocate if they received a notice from the authorities.
The video shows a massive king cobra - described by Caters News as 12-feet long ― greedily sipping the water offered by wildlife rescue workers in Kaiga town, Karnataka.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday asked the Special Investigation team (SIT) officials to probe the role of former Chief Ministers N Dharam Singh and HD Kumaraswamy in the case related to illegal mining of iron ore.
The Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Zonal unit of Andhra, Karnataka and Telangana on Tuesday arrested two foreigners and seized drugs from them.
- Project Ghatak: All you need to know about India's stealth combat drones
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Shocking! Punjab ASI gets dragged along with car to catch drug peddler
- Kashmir crisis: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi
- Cheating in examination center in Madhya Pradesh - Watch
- National-level player Shumaila gets triple talaq for giving birth to a girl
- Terrifying footage shows Cheetah attacking tourist in South Africa sanctuary
- MCD elections: Voting begins on 270 seats in Delhi
- What influences stone pelters in Kashmir to go against army officials?
- Maj Gen (Retd) Somnath Jha pays tribute to 21,000 martyrs by cycling for 12,000 km
- More than 20 CRPF jawans martyred in Sukma ambush, PM Modi offers condolences
- West Bengal BJP President Dilip Ghosh gives threatening statement in rally
- PM Modi gives formula for 'Team India' during Niti Aayog meet
- DNA: When will government take serious action against Naxalites?
- PM Narendra Modi presents new India vision at NITI Aayog meet
- IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
- LG G6 India launch today: Here's everything you need to know
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- 7th Pay Commission: Final report on allowances in next few days, maximum HRA likely to be Rs 60,000
- Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Narendra Modi, says no talks until stone-pelting, retaliation by security forces ends in J&K
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video
- Sonu Nigam posts ‘Azaan’ video on Twitter, says 'good morning India' – Watch
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pakistan's ex-President Pervez Musharraf reveals what he thinks of PM Narendra Modi and UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Watch: India's 'Ghatak' project – Stealth combat drones
- Michael Clarke picks India's ICC Champions Trophy XI; Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma in as openers
- IPL 2017, Match 27: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Delhi Daredevils, Anil Kumble commit Twitter gaffe, wish wrong Sagarika on engagement with Zaheer Khan
- Nawazuddin Sidduiqui’s DNA test report reveals his true religion – WATCH
- Aadhar for cattle? Centre proposes 'Unique Identification Number' for each cow, progeny
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja gets the better of ambitious Glenn Maxwell — WATCH