RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
Chennai: J Jayalalithaa died here on Monday night at Apollo Hospitals after suffering cardiac arrest yesterday.
The 67-year-old leader passed away after battling for life for 75 days, the Apollo Hospitals said in a statement.
Two hours after the announcement of her death, her loyalist O Panneerselvam was sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister at a sombre ceremony at the Raj Bhawan along with all the ministers in the erstwhile Jayalalithaa Cabinet.
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- Reason behind AAP losing MCD elections - Watch
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- UP: Muslim woman gets triple talaq via speed post in Amroha
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja rocket throw shocks Virat Kohli's RCB, sends dangerous AB de Villiers back — MUST WATCH