RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
Chennai: J Jayalalithaa died here on Monday night at Apollo Hospitals after suffering cardiac arrest yesterday.
The 67-year-old leader passed away after battling for life for 75 days, the Apollo Hospitals said in a statement.
Two hours after the announcement of her death, her loyalist O Panneerselvam was sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister at a sombre ceremony at the Raj Bhawan along with all the ministers in the erstwhile Jayalalithaa Cabinet.
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details