The apex court also asked that why was the case not handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) at the time.
Madhya Pradesh News
The incident took place in the Shivpuri area of the state. According to ANI, the youth was allegedly thrashed and forced to eat excreta on July 16.
Prices of tomatoes continue to rise across India adding to the distress of common man.
The van was targeted when it reached Maharana Pratap Nagar to deposit money in an ATM.
The Madhya Pradesh government on Tuesday said six persons were killed and as many were injured in the police action during the farmers' stir in Mandsaur district, as it blamed drug peddlers and anti-social elements for triggering violence.
The incident occurred last month but came to light with the trio's arrest on Monday.
Mahendra Lodi was beaten up by women inside the court premises after a woman claimed that he kept creating a nuisance with women.
The opening day of the Madhya Pradesh Assembly's monsoon session was on Monday adjourned after paying tributes to the departed leaders, including Union minister Anil Madhav Dave, and the farmers killed in police firing in Mandsaur last month.
One person was on Friday arrested from Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh by West Bengal CID for his alleged involvement in a medical admission racket.
Residents of Pachor, Gulkhedi – two villages in Madhya Pradesh - are under lens for 'renting' their kids to be part of gangs that strike at glitzy weddings in Delhi and other big cities and go in hiding.
Narottam Mishra was recently disqualified by the Election Commission.
Website creator Swapnil Parkhiya while highlighting the technical aspects of the website also informed that apart from being mobile-friendly, it can be shared on Facebook and Twitter.
While 19 out of 32 persons, already booked under NDPS Act, are carrying rewards of Rs 5,000 each on their heads, 12 others are carrying bounty of Rs 1,000 each and one of Rs 3,000.
Earlier on Friday, one more farmer named Deena Mahriya committed suicide by hanging himself in his house due to financial crisis.
The incident took place when the victim's parents had gone to work.
At least five people including four girls were killed after being struck by lightning in Madhya Pradesh's Dindori district on Wednesday.
State Administrative Service officer was caught receiving Rs 12 lakh and jewellery worth Rs 10 lakh from a nursing home owner.
The South-West Monsoon is set to enter Punjab and Haryana including Chandigarh over the next three days, a senior meteorologist said today.
Prohibitory orders were clamped in Azad Nagar of Madhya Pradesh`s Alirajpur district following communal tension, police said on Tuesday
Satna Municipal Commissioner Surendra Kathuria was arrested on Monday by the Lokayukta while accepting Rs 12 lakh cash and gold worth Rs 10 lakh as an instalment of bribe.
Five people were killed and two were injured after being struck by lightning in separate incidents in Chhindwara and Mandsaur districts since Sunday morning, as the monsoon got active in parts of Madhya Pradesh.
The Swabhimani Paksha leader said the Union government had not done enough for farmers.
The Election Commission (EC) on Saturday disqualified senior Madhya Pradesh minister Narottam Mishra for filing wrong accounts of election expenditure.
According to Khan, villagers had informed that some carcasses were lying scattered in Hatupura and Matkora areas.
The Madhya Pradesh authorities on Thursday decided to withdraw the sedition charges slapped on 15 Muslims who were arrested for allegedly shouting pro-Pakistan slogans and bursting crackers after the neighbouring country's victory over India in the finals of ICC Champions Trophy.
The Madhya Pradesh Government on Wednesday suspended two top officials, including former Mandsaur`s District Collector Swatantra Kumar Singh and Superintendent of Police (SP) O P Tripathi, for failing to control the famers` agitation that resulted into police firing on June 6.
In Dhamna village of Narsinghpur district, 65-year-old farmer Laxmi Gumasta allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance at his home this morning, the police said.
The Madhya Pradesh Police have arrested at least 15 people who were shouting pro-Pakistan slogans after India's crushing defeat in the Champions Trophy finals.
Madhya Pradesh Congress leader Ajay Singh aka Rahul Bhaiyya was caught on camera slapping a party worker during a protest in Sagar area.
Bansi Lal, 54, committed suicide by hanging himself at his home in Jamunia Khurd village, falling under the jurisdiction of Doraha police station, police said.
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA