Five persons have been arrested here with demonetised currency worth Rs 70.50 lakh, police said today.
Madhya Pradesh News
The Madhya Pradesh Assembly today passed a resolution giving "living entity" status to Narmada river, with Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan informing the House that a bill prescribing "heavy punishment" to those harming the water body will be brought.
This Muslim man has set an example of communal harmony.
Brides can now apply 'mogri' or wooden bat on their husbands if they turn alcoholic. 'Mogri' or wooden bat, which is commonly used to beat clothes while washing to take dirt out of it, has now been gifted to newly wedded brides to apply on their alcoholic husbands.
A man hailing in Madhya Pradesh's Morena district received illegal tender when he withdrew money from an ATM.
Police on Friday arrested three persons, who fired at a rival gang member in full public view, from the Madhya Pradesh-Rajasthan border.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said his government will build 20 lakh houses over the next two years for the urban and rural poor.
The Centre plans to procure advanced aerial surveillance equipment, including foliage penetration radar, to monitor the activities of Naxals who operate in thick forests in Chhattisgarh and other areas, in the wake of the killing of 25 CRPF men.
HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar on Tuesday condemned the killing of 25 CRPF personnel by Naxals in Chhattisgarh as an act of cowardice.
The death toll in fire at a cracker shop here has gone up to eight with a 22-year-old man succumbing to his burn injuries this morning.
One person was killed and five others sustained injuries after a collision between a truck and a jeep in Chhatarpur on Sunday.
In some tribal areas in the state, people still practice traditional yet ingenious methods to tackle some of their problems.
A major fire broke out today at the waste dumping site of the Coach Rehabilitation Workshop (CRWS) of the West Central Railway (WCR) in Nishantpura area here, police said.
Incidents of administrative apathy continue to surface in Madhya Pradesh.
Police unearthed the case with the help of Child Line and registered the case of gang-rape.
Manager of a clothes shop in an upscale shopping mall, located on M G Road here, was arrested today for allegedly filming a girl in a trial room through his mobile phone when she was selecting trousers, police said.
Several fire-tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the inferno.
An army officer, Bakul Singh, working as an instructor died on Friday in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh when a detonator went off during a training session, police said.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah for taking Mandya Superintendent of Police CH Sudhir Kumar Reddy to task in full public view during a programme yesterday.
Congress leader Kamal Nath is into his ninth term in Lok Sabha.
Days after a huge controversy broke out over famous singer Sonu Nigam's 'azaan' tweet, a stabbing incident has been reported from Madhya Pradesh.
At least seven persons were killed in a blaze in a firecracker shop here in Madhya Pradesh, police said on Wednesday.
The adivasis want the govt to form a 'Gofan battalion'.
The bizarre development came to light when the girl's mother approached the district administration on Friday.
The BJP retained Bandhavgarh assembly seat where its candidate Shivnarayan Singh was declared winner after several rounds of counting of votes on Thursday.
Remember Daulatram Jogawat, the Madhya Pradesh cop who was fat-shamed by controversial author Shobhaa De, is a lean man now.
In a first, the Supreme Court has ordered to shutdown a mobile phone tower, after hearing a plea of 42-year-old man, who claimed that the electromagnetic radiation from the tower afflicted him with cancer.
India has warned Pakistan that bilateral ties would be hit if it went ahead with the death sentence awarded to Kulbhushan Jadhav, who Islamabad says was arrested in Balochistan in March 2016.
Madhya Pradesh government on Tuesday decided to ban plastic/polythene carry bags across the state from May 1 saying that its consumption results in large number of cow deaths.
The Municipal Council of Hoshangabad is eliciting public opinion on whether to make the city, located on the banks of Narmada, fully 'vegetarian' by banning sale and consumption of all kinds of meat.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE