Stressing that Maharashtra has started changing under the BJP, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis today appealed to people to show "opponents of development" their place even as he hailed the proposed Mumbai-Nagpur superhighway, saying it will make farmers "rich".
In an unfortunate incident, Shiv Sena leader Aaditya Thackeray's BMW collided with another car in Mumbai on Sunday.
In an another shocking incident, a four-year-old girl was gang-raped and then brutally murdered in the outskirts of Mumbai.
Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis said he regretted not giving enough time to his school-going daughter Divija due to his hectic schedule.
Dubbing the use of state machinery and money power in the run-up to the polls as "unfortunate for democracy", it asserted that no one has been able to root out Sena's influence on the masses.
Nearly 10 crore voters will exercise their franchise in a two-phased election to 10 municipal corporations, 26 Zilla Parishads and 283 Panchayat Samitis across the state, Maharashtra State Election CommissIoner (SEC) Jageshwar S. Saharia announced here on Wednesday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday launched the 7/12 utara (extract), a crucial land document, on a digital platform under Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) across state.
Nearly 10 crore voters will exercise their franchise in a two-phased election to 10 municipal corporations, 25 Zilla Parishads and 283 Panchayat Samitis across the state, Maharashtra's State Election Commissioner (SEC) Jageshwar S. Saharia announced here on Wednesday.
Mumbai BJP president Ashish Shelar on Wednesday said his party is 'positive' about an alliance with ally Shiv Sena, ahead of the upcoming local bodies polls, including the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
Kanwar Harshavardhan Raghav was living in Pune since the past couple of years and was a first-year management student at the Symbiosis Group of colleges.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) President Raj Thackeray on Tuesday indicated that he is "open" to offers of political alliance for the forthcoming civic elections in the state.
In a bid to forge an alliance with Shiv Sena for the upcoming elections to 10 municipal corporations and 26 Zilla Parishads, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has asked party leaders to initiate talks with their Sena counterparts to explore seat sharing possibilities.
The ruling BJP has emerged as winner in the just-concluded four-phase elections in 191 Municipal Councils and 19 Nagar Panchayats of Maharashtra, bagging 1,109 seats.
The current term of Mumbai, Thane, Bhiwandi-Nijampur, Ulhasnagar, Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Nashik, Akola, Solapur, Amravati, Nagpur civic bodies will end by March 2017.
BJP also secured seven posts of municipal council president in the fourth and final phase.
The voting for the last phase of the municipal council polls in 11 nagar parishads of Maharashtra's Nagpur and Gondia districts, that began today, is currently underway.
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by unidentified persons at Bhilawadi in Sangli district in western Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
The BJP, which has been in power with the Shiv Sena in the civic body for over two decades now, does not want to share the anti-incumbency factor.
The court was hearing a criminal PIL filed by Anna Hazare seeking CBI inquiry into the sugar co-operative factories scam.
Former media baron Peter Mukerjea, arrested in the murder case of his stepdaughter Sheena Bora, on Wednesday told a special court here that CBI was trying to malign his image.
The alleged murder of Sheena Bora came to light in 2015 when a former driver employed by the Mukerjeas confessed to the police for allegedly assisting Indrani in committing the crime.
Abu Azmi received wide flak over his sexist comment regarding the mass molestation incident in Bengaluru.
In a major development, state road development firm MSRDC has floated tenders for the much ambitious Rs 46,000 crore Mumbai-Nagpur Super Communication Expressway project.
The special court for NIA cases here on Monday allowed the prosecution to rely on 'secondary evidence' in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case, as some of the important documents were not available with the investigating agency.
A 42-year-old doctor attached to a hospital here, who was found guilty of molesting an ICU patient has been convicted and jailed by a court here.
Azmi, who is in Lucknow now, said he will discuss further course of action after meeting Akihlesh and Ramgopal Yadav.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will take a final call on selection of the BJP candidates for upcoming BMC polls.
Naxals killed three persons in separate incidents in the Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra late Thursday night on the suspicion of they being informers, police said today.
The agency has already scanned some banking transaction documents and other details against Naik and IRF and is soon expected to issue summons to take the probe forward.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti?
- DNA: Today in History | January 16, 2017
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif will clash with Ranbir Kapoor – Here’s why
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- WATCH: Mushfiqur Rahman rushed to hospital after being hit on head by Tim Southee's bouncer
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings
- One rupee which I took from bride's family was shagun, not dowry: Yogeshwar Dutt
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Amid fight for 'cycle', SP chief Mulayam says will contest against son Akhilesh