Millions voted on Tuesday in Maharashtra to elect ten major civic bodies.
Around 53 percent voter turnout was registered in the elections to Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) on Tuesday, in which 805 candidates were in the fray for 131 seats.
In the crucial electoral contest of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), BJP and Shiv Sena are likely to be engaged in neck-and-neck battle.
NCP chief Sharad Pawar today exercised his franchise in a municipal ward where nine candidates are contesting and none of them belongs to NCP.
Polling for the cash-rich and crucial Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) got underway on Tuesday morning with estranged allies BJP and Shiv Sena at the forefront of this battle of might.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday expressed confidence of securing a majority in the 2017 Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) polls, despite facing a stiff competition from its ally Shiv Sena.
Polling for the country's richest civic body - Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) – along with nine other municipal corporations in Maharashtra began on Tuesday amid tight security. Here's all you should know about the BMC polls, which are being dubbed as 'mini assembly elections' in Maharashtra.
Elections to BMC and nine other civic bodies in Maharashtra will be held on Tuesday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis is pulling out all the stops to capture power at the country's richest civic body.
BJP MP Kirit Somaiya has been demanding that Shiv Sena Uddhav Thackeray declares his financial assets.
Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) on Monday opposed the government's plea for holding in-camera proceedings in the tribunal which is scrutinising whether the immediate ban on IRF was justified.
The Shiv Sena on Monday said its support to the BJP-led government in Maharashtra was "temporary" in nature and that the future of Chief Minister Devednra Fadnavis "remains uncertain".
A former Under-19 cricketer has been arrested after he drove his luxury car onto platform number 1 of Andheri Railway Station, triggering panic among passengers during peak hours on Monday.
The gruelling campaign for civic polls in Mumbai and nine other cities across Maharashtra ended this evening, with the BJP Shiv Sena rift casting a shadow over the stability of the Devendra Fadnavis government.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis today said the outcome of the local body elections currently underway in the state will weigh on the future of his cabinet composition as some ministers will be promoted while others relieved according to BJP's performance in their areas.
Four persons were charred to death and two others received severe burn injuries in a major fire that broke out on Sunday at a godown in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi in the district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tribute to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on his birth anniversary on Sunday expressing his gratitude to the Maratha warrior for having taken birth here.
"The preparatory work to conduct the election is almost complete," said a senior official entrusted with the electoral work.
Warning that midterm assembly elections in Maharashtra were "inevitable", Nationalist Congress Party president Sharad Pawar on Saturday said there was no question of his party propping up the Bharatiya Janata Party-Shiv Sena alliance in the state.
Former Member of Parliament from Nagpur Jambuwantrao Dhote passed away on Saturday morning following a cardiac arrest.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had stopped thinking of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a "marketable face" after the demonetisation.
BJP today expressed confidence that it will lead the seat tally in the first phase of Zilla Parishad and Panchayat Samiti elections in Maharashtra.
The 11 non-Marathi speaking candidates of MNS include Gujaratis, Catholics, Muslims, North Indians and South Indians.
A constable was severely injured on Friday after he was allegedly assaulted and pushed down from a footover bridge by a group of drunk miscreants at Nalla Sopara railway station here, police said.
Eight persons including a local Shiv Sena leader were injured after they were allegedly attacked by an armed mob of 50 people in Koravale village in Murbad taluka here, district police said on Friday.
Manoj Tiwari, the Lok Sabha member from Delhi North-East, has been campaigning for the BJP in Mumbai for the upcoming BMC polls.
Around 69 per cent voting was registered in the first phase of elections to zilla parishads (ZPs) and panchayat samitis held in Maharashtra on Thursday.
The NIA today told the Bombay High Court that the probe conducted by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in the September 2008 Malegaon blast case was "incoherent and riddled with loopholes".
Officials said Gazdar, director in certain firms under scanner in this case, was arrested late evening by the Enforcement Directorate under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
A hotel owners association has filed a petition in Bombay High Court challenging an order of state Excise department declaring dry days from the evening of February 19 to 21 and on February 23, due to the civic polls.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute: Study
- PM Modi may hold a road show in Varanasi on March 3
- DNA: Analysis of the danger and threat to human life due to air pollution
- Opposition attacks PM Modi over his controversial statement
- DNA: Today in History | February 20, 2017
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Enjoy Jio 4G on your 2G/3G phone at only Rs 1,999 only
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Zakir Naik's Dawood Ibrahim and Pakistan connection - Underworld don funded his NGO through hawala
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- #IPL2017auction: Ben Stokes hogs limelight, goes to Rising Pune Supergiants for massive Rs 14.5 crore