Andhra police arrest kingpin of fake note racket
Malda: Sleuths from West Bengal CID
team and Andhra Pradesh police has arrested a kingpin of a fake note racket in Malda district, police said Friday.
The 25-year-old Luftar Haque was arrested from a
village in Baishnabnagar area yesterday in a joint raid by the
CID and police.
The accused is believed to be a kingpin of a fake currency racket, members of which was arrested in Andhra Pradesh last week.
Police said Haque used to smuggle fake notes from Bangladesh and circulate it to the rest of the country.
He was produced in a court here today, which gave
Andhra police transit remand.
In a separate case, the state police also arrested another fake note supplier Manoj Mandal from Kalichowk area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video