Andhra police arrest kingpin of fake note racket
Malda: Sleuths from West Bengal CID
team and Andhra Pradesh police has arrested a kingpin of a fake note racket in Malda district, police said Friday.
The 25-year-old Luftar Haque was arrested from a
village in Baishnabnagar area yesterday in a joint raid by the
CID and police.
The accused is believed to be a kingpin of a fake currency racket, members of which was arrested in Andhra Pradesh last week.
Police said Haque used to smuggle fake notes from Bangladesh and circulate it to the rest of the country.
He was produced in a court here today, which gave
Andhra police transit remand.
In a separate case, the state police also arrested another fake note supplier Manoj Mandal from Kalichowk area
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore