DA case: CBI continues to grill Jagan
Hyderabad: The CBI, which is probing the corruption charges against YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy on Sunday continued to question him as part of his two-day custodial interrogation, that will end in the evening.
CBI officials, who took custody of the Kadapa MP from Chanchalguda Central prison, where he is under judicial custody till June 11, are said to have been grilling him over the "conspiracy that had been detected in foreign countries and had a long trail."
The agency had earlier claimed that Jagan had sent (bribe amounts) abroad and got it re-invested in his firms through hawala-racket.
39-year-old Jagan, as he is popularly known, was arrested on May 27 by the central agency after his three-day intense quizzing at the Dilkusha guest house over alleged investments to the tune of several crore rupees from various individuals and companies into his businesses for the favours granted by the then YSR regime during 2004-09.
The CBI, which has already interrogated Jagan during the five-day police custody, was given two more days of custodial interrogation by the Andhra Pradesh High Court on Friday last, after the agency informed the court that it had new material and secured valuable depositions from some witnesses in the case with which it wanted to confront Jagan.
The CBI, in its three charge sheets filed against Jagan and others, said he and his late father had hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government with Jagan influencing Rajasekhara Reddy in doling out certain favours to various investors, who made investments of several crores into Jagan`s businesses (at very high premiums) as a quid-pro-quo basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'