National Security Task Force, AP govt holds talks
Hyderabad: A 10-member Task Force on National Security, headed by former Home Secretary VK Duggal, on Wednesday held wide-ranging talks with Andhra Pradesh government on various security-related issues.
The Task Force members held a meeting with state Home
Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy, Chief Secretary Pankaj Dwivedi,
DGP V Dinesh Reddy and other top officials in the Secretariat.
Andhra Pradesh is one of the key states where focus
should be more on maintaining internal security, Duggal is
said to have told the state government.
He suggested that extra emphasis be laid on improving
security along the Bay of Bengal coast through co-ordination
between the Marine Police and the Coast Guard.
Also, there should be more exchange of information
between AP and bordering states like Odisha, Chhattisgarh and
Maharashtra on Maoist insurgency, Duggal said.
Official sources said Duggal and his team were briefed
on the functioning of the state`s anti-terrorism wing Octopus.
While Duggal did not wish to talk to media about the
meeting, the Task Force members later met Chief Minister N
Kiran Kumar Reddy and briefed him about the deliberations.
"Given the current security scenario in the country, the
Task Force is reviewing the preparedness of various states to
tackle threats from different sources. As part of this
exercise, Duggal and his team interacted with the state
officials on security-related issues," a senior police
official who took part in the meeting said.
The Task Force will submit a detailed report to the
Centre after touring some more states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- HRD Ministry directs UGC to amend regulations regarding workload of teachers
- PM Modi-led govt completes two years; Facebook tracks his journey on social media
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two +2 Class 12th Exams Results 2016 is likely to be declared today on May 27 - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Modi govt will be known for fulfilling promises: LK Advani
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women