TRS to take to streets tomorrow against AP power crisis
Hyderabad: Criticising the Congress government for the power crisis in Andhra Pradesh, the TRS on Sunday said it would hold protests in Telangana region tomorrow against frequent power outages.
"The long power cuts in the state are a result of the inefficiency of the state government...It lacks foresight," Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao asserted in a media release.
TRS cadres would organise road blockades in all mandal headquarters tomorrow, he said.
"The farmers of Telangana are already in trouble due to deficient rainfall. Their woes are further compounded by the erratic power supply," the TRS chief said.
He demanded that the state government offset the shortfall by purchasing power immediately and ensure uninterrupted supply to farmers and small industries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended