TRS to take to streets tomorrow against AP power crisis
Hyderabad: Criticising the Congress government for the power crisis in Andhra Pradesh, the TRS on Sunday said it would hold protests in Telangana region tomorrow against frequent power outages.
"The long power cuts in the state are a result of the inefficiency of the state government...It lacks foresight," Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao asserted in a media release.
TRS cadres would organise road blockades in all mandal headquarters tomorrow, he said.
"The farmers of Telangana are already in trouble due to deficient rainfall. Their woes are further compounded by the erratic power supply," the TRS chief said.
He demanded that the state government offset the shortfall by purchasing power immediately and ensure uninterrupted supply to farmers and small industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress