TRS to take to streets tomorrow against AP power crisis
Hyderabad: Criticising the Congress government for the power crisis in Andhra Pradesh, the TRS on Sunday said it would hold protests in Telangana region tomorrow against frequent power outages.
"The long power cuts in the state are a result of the inefficiency of the state government...It lacks foresight," Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao asserted in a media release.
TRS cadres would organise road blockades in all mandal headquarters tomorrow, he said.
"The farmers of Telangana are already in trouble due to deficient rainfall. Their woes are further compounded by the erratic power supply," the TRS chief said.
He demanded that the state government offset the shortfall by purchasing power immediately and ensure uninterrupted supply to farmers and small industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...