TRS to take to streets tomorrow against AP power crisis
Hyderabad: Criticising the Congress government for the power crisis in Andhra Pradesh, the TRS on Sunday said it would hold protests in Telangana region tomorrow against frequent power outages.
"The long power cuts in the state are a result of the inefficiency of the state government...It lacks foresight," Telangana Rashtra Samithi president K Chandrasekhar Rao asserted in a media release.
TRS cadres would organise road blockades in all mandal headquarters tomorrow, he said.
"The farmers of Telangana are already in trouble due to deficient rainfall. Their woes are further compounded by the erratic power supply," the TRS chief said.
He demanded that the state government offset the shortfall by purchasing power immediately and ensure uninterrupted supply to farmers and small industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Britain economy strong, can cope with EU exit turmoil: George Osborne
- Brexit unlikely to impact Indian auto component exports: ICRA
- Pakistan teaches its children that 'national identity is to hate someone', says Hina Rabbani Khar
- Record hundred Indian athletes already make cut for Rio Olympics
- Sheena Bora murder case: Bombay HC seeks CBI's response on Peter Mukerjea's bail plea