Two killed in factory fire in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: At least two workers were killed and six others injured in a fire at a chemical factory in Mahbubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The fire broke out after a gas cylinder exploded at a factory in Shadnagar town in Mahbubnagar district. Shadnagar is about 50 km from Hyderabad.
The injured were admitted to Shadnagar Government Hospital and later shifted to Osmania Hospital in Hyderabad.
Police said they were investigating what caused the disaster.
In another mishap, massive fire broke out in a storehouse of a chemical plant in Jeedimetla industrial area in Hyderabad.
Ten fire tenders battled for over four hours to bring the blaze under control.
The flames spread to a nearby building. As a precautionary measure, the police evacuated people from an adjacent residential locality.
Eyewitnesses said four chemical tankers exploded in the fire. Several vehicles were also damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!