Two killed in factory fire in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: At least two workers were killed and six others injured in a fire at a chemical factory in Mahbubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The fire broke out after a gas cylinder exploded at a factory in Shadnagar town in Mahbubnagar district. Shadnagar is about 50 km from Hyderabad.
The injured were admitted to Shadnagar Government Hospital and later shifted to Osmania Hospital in Hyderabad.
Police said they were investigating what caused the disaster.
In another mishap, massive fire broke out in a storehouse of a chemical plant in Jeedimetla industrial area in Hyderabad.
Ten fire tenders battled for over four hours to bring the blaze under control.
The flames spread to a nearby building. As a precautionary measure, the police evacuated people from an adjacent residential locality.
Eyewitnesses said four chemical tankers exploded in the fire. Several vehicles were also damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan