Ajmal responsible for mass exodus: AASU
Guwahati: The influential All Assam Students Union on Thursday held prominent minority leader and president of the All India United Democratic Front Badaruddin Ajmal responsible for the mass exodus and fear psychosis among students and persons of the Northeast.
"There is a fear psychosis among students in the states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra as a direct result of the communal politics played by Ajmal," AASU advisor Samujjal Bhattacharjee alleged in a press conference here.
The student body warned Ajmal "not to give communal colour to the violence in Assam" and appealed to the students not to panic and refrain from rushing back.
The former student leader said he had personally talked to the Karnataka Chief Minister and Home Minister who have assured all security.
He said at least three overcrowded trains would be reaching here from Bangalore tomorrow and that thousands of panic-stricken people were stranded in various stations of those states including Secunderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday