Assam CM apprises Sonia of BTAD situation
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday apprised UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi of the prevailing situation in Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) and the measures taken by the state government to restore peace in the area.
A total of 32 people, including women and children, were killed by NDFB(S) militants in different areas of Kokrajhar and Baksa districts of BTAD area since Thursday.
The UPA chairperson rang up the Chief Minister this morning to take stock of the law and order situation in BTAD areas and Gogoi briefed her about the security measures taken by the state to instil confidence among the people, official sources said.
Gogoi also informed Gandhi that there had been no major untoward incident during the last 24 hours.
Informing her about the enhanced security in areas vulnerable to violence, Gogoi said the government would soon bring back the situation to normal.
The Chief Minister further informed her that the Centre had despatched additional reinforcements to tackle the situation, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing