Assam directs action against vehicles with tinted glasses
Guwahati: The Assam government Friday directed the transport department to act against drivers and owners of vehicles using tinted glasses and solar films by the end of this month.
An official notification today asked all district transport officers to take action against drivers and owners of vehicles using tinted glasses and solar films.
The enforcement agencies of the transport department have been asked to launch a special drive from April 1, 2013 to suspend registration of vehicles with tinted glasses or solar films.
In case a vehicle with tinted glass is found involved "in a crime or causes damage to another vehicle or bodily harm to a third party" the concerned vehicle will be impounded by the enforcement authorities of the state and maximum penalty given.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know