Assam directs action against vehicles with tinted glasses
Guwahati: The Assam government Friday directed the transport department to act against drivers and owners of vehicles using tinted glasses and solar films by the end of this month.
An official notification today asked all district transport officers to take action against drivers and owners of vehicles using tinted glasses and solar films.
The enforcement agencies of the transport department have been asked to launch a special drive from April 1, 2013 to suspend registration of vehicles with tinted glasses or solar films.
In case a vehicle with tinted glass is found involved "in a crime or causes damage to another vehicle or bodily harm to a third party" the concerned vehicle will be impounded by the enforcement authorities of the state and maximum penalty given.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!