Assam directs action against vehicles with tinted glasses
Guwahati: The Assam government Friday directed the transport department to act against drivers and owners of vehicles using tinted glasses and solar films by the end of this month.
An official notification today asked all district transport officers to take action against drivers and owners of vehicles using tinted glasses and solar films.
The enforcement agencies of the transport department have been asked to launch a special drive from April 1, 2013 to suspend registration of vehicles with tinted glasses or solar films.
In case a vehicle with tinted glass is found involved "in a crime or causes damage to another vehicle or bodily harm to a third party" the concerned vehicle will be impounded by the enforcement authorities of the state and maximum penalty given.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'