Assam govt to give thrust on employment, enhancing skills
Guwahati: Providing employment to the youths of the state and enhancing their skills will be the thrust areas of Assam Government this year, said Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
"For maximum employment of the youths we will have individual skill development workshops for them and open coaching centres in science subjects," Gogoi told reporters here.
"We will have an entrepreneur mela before Bihu next month and hope to invite Sonia Gandhi and Sam Pitroda (Advisor to Prime Minister on Public Information Infrastructure and Innovations) for the benefit of the youths," Gogoi said.
For maximum employment individual skill development workshops would be organised on IT, technology, communication, repairing of consumer goods, agriculture, fishery and floriculture.
Such workshops would be held at the district level, subdivision and block levels to benefit the youths.
For improving the prospects of the local youths` recruitment in the defence forces and by the Staff Selection Board, Gogoi said coaching centres on maths and other science subjects would be set up.
To prevent problems due to unplanned growth, Guwahati and smaller towns would be streamlined by having a planning commission for the purpose on the Delhi model with experts from different fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth