Assam govt to give thrust on employment, enhancing skills
Guwahati: Providing employment to the youths of the state and enhancing their skills will be the thrust areas of Assam Government this year, said Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
"For maximum employment of the youths we will have individual skill development workshops for them and open coaching centres in science subjects," Gogoi told reporters here.
"We will have an entrepreneur mela before Bihu next month and hope to invite Sonia Gandhi and Sam Pitroda (Advisor to Prime Minister on Public Information Infrastructure and Innovations) for the benefit of the youths," Gogoi said.
For maximum employment individual skill development workshops would be organised on IT, technology, communication, repairing of consumer goods, agriculture, fishery and floriculture.
Such workshops would be held at the district level, subdivision and block levels to benefit the youths.
For improving the prospects of the local youths` recruitment in the defence forces and by the Staff Selection Board, Gogoi said coaching centres on maths and other science subjects would be set up.
To prevent problems due to unplanned growth, Guwahati and smaller towns would be streamlined by having a planning commission for the purpose on the Delhi model with experts from different fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why