Assam: Parents run from pillar to post to find missing son
Karimganj: Five days after a youth went missing from a railway station in Bihar, his parents are running from pillar to post to look for him here in Assam.
Twenty-five-year-old Pritam Bhattacharjee, who was on the way to New Delhi from Guwahati in Avadh-Assam express, went missing from Naugachia railway station in Bihar on July 9.
Pritam`s father, Shankar Bhattacharjee, said, "Family members, including uncle Rohan Bhattacharjee, have gone to Naugachia and are in constant touch with the state police and GRP to trace out my son."
"Our agony continues but we are making all efforts and running from pillar to post to find him out," he said here.
Pritam, who doing PhD in New Delhi, had boarded the train from Guwahati on July 8. A group of miscreants snatched his laptop, camera and important documents at the station when the train halted there for two minutes.
Pritam, hailing from Karimganj town, chased the miscreants but soon contact between him and his family members were lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur