Border personnel meet at Bum La
Guwahati: To strengthen the goodwill
between the border guarding forces of India and China, a
special Border Personnel Meeting (BPM) was held at the
historic Maitri Sthal at Bum La pass situated at 15000 ft in
Tawang District of Arunachal Pradesh on Republic Day, defence
sources said on Saturday.
The special BPM, organised for the first time on the
day between military leaders of both countries, served as a
platform for resolving the perceived local differences and
building confidence to maintain peace and tranquility in the
A 50-member Chinese delegation, including select
soldiers, 11 women, eight children and a cultural programme
troupe attended the BPM from across the border.
The two delegations had a formal interaction wherein
both sides reaffirmed their resolve to strengthen friendship
and maintain peace and tranquility along the borders, the
sources said here today.
The Indian delegation consisted of six army officers
led by Brig Sudhakar Jee and a large number of civilian
visitors from both sides also came to witness the event in the
extreme cold which was recorded at minus six degrees celsius,
the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch