CBSE awards two Guwahati schools on National Education Day
Guwahati: Two schools from Guwahati, Delhi Public School and Army Public School, have been awarded by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) this year on the occasion of National Education Day.
The two are among fifteen schools across the country to be awarded on the occasion of the day which commemorates the birth anniversary of India`s first Education Minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad on November 11.
The CBSE introduces themes each year to observe the Day and this year`s theme was `Human Rights and Social Equality`, and 200 schools participating in the event with 15 making to the final mark, an official release said here today.
CBSE chairman Vineet Joshi said they strive to make each student a good human being by encouraging them to be compassionate towards society and make them responsible citizens.
"The acknowledgement of teachers and students undertaking various social initiatives and bringing about a difference underlines this very vision of CBSE," he said.
Delhi Public School, Guwahati played a pivotal role in uplifting the status of the downtrodden in the society by raising awareness about human rights and providing sustainable support to the underprivileged section of society, the release pointed out.
Army Public School, Narengi in Guwahati worked in the slums to educate children, in orphanages, old age homes and spent time with the residents there to ensure that they were not excluded from the society, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'