Eleven Bangladeshis apprehended by BSF in September
Guwahati: Eleven Bangladeshis have been apprehended by Border Security Force (BSF) personnel of the Guwahati Frontier for illegally crossing the Indo-Bangladesh border during September.
The patrolling BSF personnel, also arrested 18 smugglers from India and four from Bangladesh in the same month, a BSF press release said here on Tuesday.
BSF also seized 2850 bottles of Phensedyl, a cough syrup and 111 kg Ganja along the international border.
During the period, the troops also seized 586 cattle and other contraband items having an estimated value of Rupees Rs 42,68,081 (Forty two lakh sixty eight thousand eighty one only), which have been deposited with concerned authorities.
BSF has been carrying out round-the-clock patrolling along the border to apprehend smugglers involved in smuggling of narcotics/contrabands, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical