Eleven Bangladeshis apprehended by BSF in September
Guwahati: Eleven Bangladeshis have been apprehended by Border Security Force (BSF) personnel of the Guwahati Frontier for illegally crossing the Indo-Bangladesh border during September.
The patrolling BSF personnel, also arrested 18 smugglers from India and four from Bangladesh in the same month, a BSF press release said here on Tuesday.
BSF also seized 2850 bottles of Phensedyl, a cough syrup and 111 kg Ganja along the international border.
During the period, the troops also seized 586 cattle and other contraband items having an estimated value of Rupees Rs 42,68,081 (Forty two lakh sixty eight thousand eighty one only), which have been deposited with concerned authorities.
BSF has been carrying out round-the-clock patrolling along the border to apprehend smugglers involved in smuggling of narcotics/contrabands, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH