Eleven Bangladeshis apprehended by BSF in September
Guwahati: Eleven Bangladeshis have been apprehended by Border Security Force (BSF) personnel of the Guwahati Frontier for illegally crossing the Indo-Bangladesh border during September.
The patrolling BSF personnel, also arrested 18 smugglers from India and four from Bangladesh in the same month, a BSF press release said here on Tuesday.
BSF also seized 2850 bottles of Phensedyl, a cough syrup and 111 kg Ganja along the international border.
During the period, the troops also seized 586 cattle and other contraband items having an estimated value of Rupees Rs 42,68,081 (Forty two lakh sixty eight thousand eighty one only), which have been deposited with concerned authorities.
BSF has been carrying out round-the-clock patrolling along the border to apprehend smugglers involved in smuggling of narcotics/contrabands, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev