Eleven Bangladeshis apprehended by BSF in September
Guwahati: Eleven Bangladeshis have been apprehended by Border Security Force (BSF) personnel of the Guwahati Frontier for illegally crossing the Indo-Bangladesh border during September.
The patrolling BSF personnel, also arrested 18 smugglers from India and four from Bangladesh in the same month, a BSF press release said here on Tuesday.
BSF also seized 2850 bottles of Phensedyl, a cough syrup and 111 kg Ganja along the international border.
During the period, the troops also seized 586 cattle and other contraband items having an estimated value of Rupees Rs 42,68,081 (Forty two lakh sixty eight thousand eighty one only), which have been deposited with concerned authorities.
BSF has been carrying out round-the-clock patrolling along the border to apprehend smugglers involved in smuggling of narcotics/contrabands, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday