Forest guard injured by rhino in Kaziranga
Guwahati: A female rhino seriously injured a
forest guard at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam on Sunday.
Durgeshwar Baruah was on patrol duty at the Bagori range
of the park early this morning when he came face to face with
the female rhino and her calf.
The rhino attacked Baruah, who sustained serious injuries
in his chest, legs and arms.
Other forest personnel fired two rounds of bullets into
the air to chase away the animals.
Baruah was administered first aid in the park before
being shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state