Forest guard injured by rhino in Kaziranga
Guwahati: A female rhino seriously injured a
forest guard at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam on Sunday.
Durgeshwar Baruah was on patrol duty at the Bagori range
of the park early this morning when he came face to face with
the female rhino and her calf.
The rhino attacked Baruah, who sustained serious injuries
in his chest, legs and arms.
Other forest personnel fired two rounds of bullets into
the air to chase away the animals.
Baruah was administered first aid in the park before
being shifted to Guwahati Medical College Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal