Four Maoists arrested
Rangiya: Four suspected Maoists were arrested on Saturday for demanding money from a land revenue official in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district, police sources said.
The four demanded Rs 10 lakh from the Mandal of Kamalpur Revenue Circle Kanak Deka who filed an FIR at Baihata Chariali police station.
The four were arrested from Kamalpura area of the district.
They were identified as Brojen Das, Khagen Sarmah, Hitesh Deka and Jogen Bharali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation