Four Maoists arrested
Rangiya: Four suspected Maoists were arrested on Saturday for demanding money from a land revenue official in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district, police sources said.
The four demanded Rs 10 lakh from the Mandal of Kamalpur Revenue Circle Kanak Deka who filed an FIR at Baihata Chariali police station.
The four were arrested from Kamalpura area of the district.
They were identified as Brojen Das, Khagen Sarmah, Hitesh Deka and Jogen Bharali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials