Four Maoists arrested
Rangiya: Four suspected Maoists were arrested on Saturday for demanding money from a land revenue official in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district, police sources said.
The four demanded Rs 10 lakh from the Mandal of Kamalpur Revenue Circle Kanak Deka who filed an FIR at Baihata Chariali police station.
The four were arrested from Kamalpura area of the district.
They were identified as Brojen Das, Khagen Sarmah, Hitesh Deka and Jogen Bharali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof