Four ULFA activists surrender
Tinsukia (Assam): Four hardcore members of ULFA`s anti-talk faction, including a senior leader, on Saturday surrendered before police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Among the militants who laid down their arms is senior ULFA leader Rahendra Moran alias Guli Asom, who was responsible for the outfit`s extortion related activities in the upper Assam districts.
He was involved in a number of incidents of extortion from various businessmen and political leaders.
The others who surrendered are Parikshit Moran, Champak Hazarika and Kushal Buragohain.
The ultras handed over one AK-47 assault rifle, two 9 mm pistols, eight bottle grenades, four Chinese made hand grenades and other assorted weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir