Four ULFA activists surrender
Tinsukia (Assam): Four hardcore members of ULFA`s anti-talk faction, including a senior leader, on Saturday surrendered before police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Among the militants who laid down their arms is senior ULFA leader Rahendra Moran alias Guli Asom, who was responsible for the outfit`s extortion related activities in the upper Assam districts.
He was involved in a number of incidents of extortion from various businessmen and political leaders.
The others who surrendered are Parikshit Moran, Champak Hazarika and Kushal Buragohain.
The ultras handed over one AK-47 assault rifle, two 9 mm pistols, eight bottle grenades, four Chinese made hand grenades and other assorted weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown