Four ULFA activists surrender
Tinsukia (Assam): Four hardcore members of ULFA`s anti-talk faction, including a senior leader, on Saturday surrendered before police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Among the militants who laid down their arms is senior ULFA leader Rahendra Moran alias Guli Asom, who was responsible for the outfit`s extortion related activities in the upper Assam districts.
He was involved in a number of incidents of extortion from various businessmen and political leaders.
The others who surrendered are Parikshit Moran, Champak Hazarika and Kushal Buragohain.
The ultras handed over one AK-47 assault rifle, two 9 mm pistols, eight bottle grenades, four Chinese made hand grenades and other assorted weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores