Four ULFA activists surrender
Tinsukia (Assam): Four hardcore members of ULFA`s anti-talk faction, including a senior leader, on Saturday surrendered before police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Among the militants who laid down their arms is senior ULFA leader Rahendra Moran alias Guli Asom, who was responsible for the outfit`s extortion related activities in the upper Assam districts.
He was involved in a number of incidents of extortion from various businessmen and political leaders.
The others who surrendered are Parikshit Moran, Champak Hazarika and Kushal Buragohain.
The ultras handed over one AK-47 assault rifle, two 9 mm pistols, eight bottle grenades, four Chinese made hand grenades and other assorted weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking