Four ULFA activists surrender
Tinsukia (Assam): Four hardcore members of ULFA`s anti-talk faction, including a senior leader, on Saturday surrendered before police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district.
Among the militants who laid down their arms is senior ULFA leader Rahendra Moran alias Guli Asom, who was responsible for the outfit`s extortion related activities in the upper Assam districts.
He was involved in a number of incidents of extortion from various businessmen and political leaders.
The others who surrendered are Parikshit Moran, Champak Hazarika and Kushal Buragohain.
The ultras handed over one AK-47 assault rifle, two 9 mm pistols, eight bottle grenades, four Chinese made hand grenades and other assorted weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre