Huge quantities of drugs seized in Guwahati
Guwahati: A huge quantity of drugs, suspected to be meant for smuggling to Myanmar and estimated worth over Rs one crore, was seized and two persons were arrested in this connection by Customs officials here on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the officials of the customs department seized the drugs, packed in 58 cartons, consigned by a Delhi-based goods transport company in a truck to Guwahati before being sent to Mizoram from where it would have been smuggled to neighbouring Myanmar, the officials said.
The seized drugs include 1174 kgs of pseudo ephedrine tablets in raw form and 101.56 kgs of pseudo ephedrine in crystal form.
The drugs were to be smuggled to Myanmar for manufacturing Amphetamine Type Stimulants (ATS), sources said.
Two persons were arrested in this connection and the truck was seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP