Huge quantities of drugs seized in Guwahati
Guwahati: A huge quantity of drugs, suspected to be meant for smuggling to Myanmar and estimated worth over Rs one crore, was seized and two persons were arrested in this connection by Customs officials here on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the officials of the customs department seized the drugs, packed in 58 cartons, consigned by a Delhi-based goods transport company in a truck to Guwahati before being sent to Mizoram from where it would have been smuggled to neighbouring Myanmar, the officials said.
The seized drugs include 1174 kgs of pseudo ephedrine tablets in raw form and 101.56 kgs of pseudo ephedrine in crystal form.
The drugs were to be smuggled to Myanmar for manufacturing Amphetamine Type Stimulants (ATS), sources said.
Two persons were arrested in this connection and the truck was seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra