Huge quantities of drugs seized in Guwahati
Guwahati: A huge quantity of drugs, suspected to be meant for smuggling to Myanmar and estimated worth over Rs one crore, was seized and two persons were arrested in this connection by Customs officials here on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the officials of the customs department seized the drugs, packed in 58 cartons, consigned by a Delhi-based goods transport company in a truck to Guwahati before being sent to Mizoram from where it would have been smuggled to neighbouring Myanmar, the officials said.
The seized drugs include 1174 kgs of pseudo ephedrine tablets in raw form and 101.56 kgs of pseudo ephedrine in crystal form.
The drugs were to be smuggled to Myanmar for manufacturing Amphetamine Type Stimulants (ATS), sources said.
Two persons were arrested in this connection and the truck was seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY