Huge quantities of drugs seized in Guwahati
Guwahati: A huge quantity of drugs, suspected to be meant for smuggling to Myanmar and estimated worth over Rs one crore, was seized and two persons were arrested in this connection by Customs officials here on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the officials of the customs department seized the drugs, packed in 58 cartons, consigned by a Delhi-based goods transport company in a truck to Guwahati before being sent to Mizoram from where it would have been smuggled to neighbouring Myanmar, the officials said.
The seized drugs include 1174 kgs of pseudo ephedrine tablets in raw form and 101.56 kgs of pseudo ephedrine in crystal form.
The drugs were to be smuggled to Myanmar for manufacturing Amphetamine Type Stimulants (ATS), sources said.
Two persons were arrested in this connection and the truck was seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him