JFA appeal to people defy militants` General Strike on I-Day
Guwahati: The Journalists Forum of Assam (JFA) on Sunday appealed to the people of the state and North-East to defy the `General Strike`, called by different militant outfits and celebrate the forthcoming Independence Day.
"Both Independence Day and Republic Day are two auspicious occasions for every patriotic Indian to pay their respect to hundred thousand martyrs of India`s Freedom Movement and everybody should come forward to celebrate it," JFA President Rupam Barua and Secretary Nava Thakuria said in a statement here.
The anti-talk ULFA along with other militant outfits of the region have called for a general strike on August 15.
The forum also condemned the attack on media persons in Mumbai yesterday by a section of demonstrators who gathered at Azad maidan to protest against the recent violence in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday