JFA appeal to people defy militants` General Strike on I-Day
Guwahati: The Journalists Forum of Assam (JFA) on Sunday appealed to the people of the state and North-East to defy the `General Strike`, called by different militant outfits and celebrate the forthcoming Independence Day.
"Both Independence Day and Republic Day are two auspicious occasions for every patriotic Indian to pay their respect to hundred thousand martyrs of India`s Freedom Movement and everybody should come forward to celebrate it," JFA President Rupam Barua and Secretary Nava Thakuria said in a statement here.
The anti-talk ULFA along with other militant outfits of the region have called for a general strike on August 15.
The forum also condemned the attack on media persons in Mumbai yesterday by a section of demonstrators who gathered at Azad maidan to protest against the recent violence in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you