JFA appeal to people defy militants` General Strike on I-Day
Guwahati: The Journalists Forum of Assam (JFA) on Sunday appealed to the people of the state and North-East to defy the `General Strike`, called by different militant outfits and celebrate the forthcoming Independence Day.
"Both Independence Day and Republic Day are two auspicious occasions for every patriotic Indian to pay their respect to hundred thousand martyrs of India`s Freedom Movement and everybody should come forward to celebrate it," JFA President Rupam Barua and Secretary Nava Thakuria said in a statement here.
The anti-talk ULFA along with other militant outfits of the region have called for a general strike on August 15.
The forum also condemned the attack on media persons in Mumbai yesterday by a section of demonstrators who gathered at Azad maidan to protest against the recent violence in Assam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'