JFA appeal to people defy militants` General Strike on I-Day
Guwahati: The Journalists Forum of Assam (JFA) on Sunday appealed to the people of the state and North-East to defy the `General Strike`, called by different militant outfits and celebrate the forthcoming Independence Day.
"Both Independence Day and Republic Day are two auspicious occasions for every patriotic Indian to pay their respect to hundred thousand martyrs of India`s Freedom Movement and everybody should come forward to celebrate it," JFA President Rupam Barua and Secretary Nava Thakuria said in a statement here.
The anti-talk ULFA along with other militant outfits of the region have called for a general strike on August 15.
The forum also condemned the attack on media persons in Mumbai yesterday by a section of demonstrators who gathered at Azad maidan to protest against the recent violence in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'