JFA appeal to people defy militants` General Strike on I-Day
Guwahati: The Journalists Forum of Assam (JFA) on Sunday appealed to the people of the state and North-East to defy the `General Strike`, called by different militant outfits and celebrate the forthcoming Independence Day.
"Both Independence Day and Republic Day are two auspicious occasions for every patriotic Indian to pay their respect to hundred thousand martyrs of India`s Freedom Movement and everybody should come forward to celebrate it," JFA President Rupam Barua and Secretary Nava Thakuria said in a statement here.
The anti-talk ULFA along with other militant outfits of the region have called for a general strike on August 15.
The forum also condemned the attack on media persons in Mumbai yesterday by a section of demonstrators who gathered at Azad maidan to protest against the recent violence in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani