Kamakhya Temple pilgrims injured as bus skids down hill
Guwahati: Nine persons, including pilgrims returning from the Kamkhya Temple, were injured when a bus collided with a motorcycle and fell 40 feet below the road on the Nilachal Hill.
The bus lost control after hitting the motor-cycle in front of the Durga temple, broke the guard rails at a sharp turn and plunged about 40 feet before coming to rest on the hill, the police said.
Five pilgrims, including elderly women and children and the motorcyclist were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital in a serious condition, the police said.
The four others were discharged after first-aid at a hospital nearby, the police said.
The passengers claimed that the driver jumped out and fled.
The local residents helped the police in the rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"