Kamakhya Temple pilgrims injured as bus skids down hill
Guwahati: Nine persons, including pilgrims returning from the Kamkhya Temple, were injured when a bus collided with a motorcycle and fell 40 feet below the road on the Nilachal Hill.
The bus lost control after hitting the motor-cycle in front of the Durga temple, broke the guard rails at a sharp turn and plunged about 40 feet before coming to rest on the hill, the police said.
Five pilgrims, including elderly women and children and the motorcyclist were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital in a serious condition, the police said.
The four others were discharged after first-aid at a hospital nearby, the police said.
The passengers claimed that the driver jumped out and fled.
The local residents helped the police in the rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!