Kamakhya Temple pilgrims injured as bus skids down hill
Guwahati: Nine persons, including pilgrims returning from the Kamkhya Temple, were injured when a bus collided with a motorcycle and fell 40 feet below the road on the Nilachal Hill.
The bus lost control after hitting the motor-cycle in front of the Durga temple, broke the guard rails at a sharp turn and plunged about 40 feet before coming to rest on the hill, the police said.
Five pilgrims, including elderly women and children and the motorcyclist were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital in a serious condition, the police said.
The four others were discharged after first-aid at a hospital nearby, the police said.
The passengers claimed that the driver jumped out and fled.
The local residents helped the police in the rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- It's terrible and awful - parents leave daughters to starve at Delhi home
- 'India can recast global narrative; needs 8-10% growth'
- Govt invites public comments on changing financial year
- Top Chinese general held in China's anti-graft campaign?
- Good news for home buyers! DDA Housing Scheme 2016 likely to be launched around Diwali