Kamakhya Temple pilgrims injured as bus skids down hill
Guwahati: Nine persons, including pilgrims returning from the Kamkhya Temple, were injured when a bus collided with a motorcycle and fell 40 feet below the road on the Nilachal Hill.
The bus lost control after hitting the motor-cycle in front of the Durga temple, broke the guard rails at a sharp turn and plunged about 40 feet before coming to rest on the hill, the police said.
Five pilgrims, including elderly women and children and the motorcyclist were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital in a serious condition, the police said.
The four others were discharged after first-aid at a hospital nearby, the police said.
The passengers claimed that the driver jumped out and fled.
The local residents helped the police in the rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!