Kamakhya Temple pilgrims injured as bus skids down hill
Guwahati: Nine persons, including pilgrims returning from the Kamkhya Temple, were injured when a bus collided with a motorcycle and fell 40 feet below the road on the Nilachal Hill.
The bus lost control after hitting the motor-cycle in front of the Durga temple, broke the guard rails at a sharp turn and plunged about 40 feet before coming to rest on the hill, the police said.
Five pilgrims, including elderly women and children and the motorcyclist were admitted to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital in a serious condition, the police said.
The four others were discharged after first-aid at a hospital nearby, the police said.
The passengers claimed that the driver jumped out and fled.
The local residents helped the police in the rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption