Minor girl gang-raped in Assam
Barpeta: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped after being kidnapped by a group of youths at Suhabill Dalani in Barpeta district, police said on Tuesday.
One Saiful Islam along with a group of youths kidnapped the girl by tying a cloth around her face as she was coming out of her house on the night of June 17, as per the FIR lodged by her relatives on June 20.
Threatening to kill her, they gang-raped her till she fell unconscious before abandoning her near her house, the FIR said.
The girl was recovered there next morning in an unconscious state, it said. A search is on to arrest the culprits, police said.
The All Assam Minorities Students Union (AAMSU) Barpeta district unit secretary Maniruj Zamman has demanded "the criminals be punished severely. Otherwise we will start an agitation."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan