Minor girl gang-raped in Assam
Barpeta: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped after being kidnapped by a group of youths at Suhabill Dalani in Barpeta district, police said on Tuesday.
One Saiful Islam along with a group of youths kidnapped the girl by tying a cloth around her face as she was coming out of her house on the night of June 17, as per the FIR lodged by her relatives on June 20.
Threatening to kill her, they gang-raped her till she fell unconscious before abandoning her near her house, the FIR said.
The girl was recovered there next morning in an unconscious state, it said. A search is on to arrest the culprits, police said.
The All Assam Minorities Students Union (AAMSU) Barpeta district unit secretary Maniruj Zamman has demanded "the criminals be punished severely. Otherwise we will start an agitation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000