Minor girl gang-raped in Assam
Barpeta: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped after being kidnapped by a group of youths at Suhabill Dalani in Barpeta district, police said on Tuesday.
One Saiful Islam along with a group of youths kidnapped the girl by tying a cloth around her face as she was coming out of her house on the night of June 17, as per the FIR lodged by her relatives on June 20.
Threatening to kill her, they gang-raped her till she fell unconscious before abandoning her near her house, the FIR said.
The girl was recovered there next morning in an unconscious state, it said. A search is on to arrest the culprits, police said.
The All Assam Minorities Students Union (AAMSU) Barpeta district unit secretary Maniruj Zamman has demanded "the criminals be punished severely. Otherwise we will start an agitation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'