Minor girl gang-raped in Assam
Barpeta: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped after being kidnapped by a group of youths at Suhabill Dalani in Barpeta district, police said on Tuesday.
One Saiful Islam along with a group of youths kidnapped the girl by tying a cloth around her face as she was coming out of her house on the night of June 17, as per the FIR lodged by her relatives on June 20.
Threatening to kill her, they gang-raped her till she fell unconscious before abandoning her near her house, the FIR said.
The girl was recovered there next morning in an unconscious state, it said. A search is on to arrest the culprits, police said.
The All Assam Minorities Students Union (AAMSU) Barpeta district unit secretary Maniruj Zamman has demanded "the criminals be punished severely. Otherwise we will start an agitation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video