Nine-year-old girl gang-raped in Assam
Zee Media Bureau
Silchar: Amidst huge outrage across the country over rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi and the rape of a four-year-old in Madhya Pradesh, another news of gang-rape has been reported in Assam.
A nine-year old girl was allegedly gang-raped by two unidentified persons in Assam`s Cachar district, police said on Monday.
The nine-year old from Karimganj had gone to visit her grandfather in Pechachora village under Kallain police station of Katigora sub-division when she was kidnapped by two unidentified persons, with their faces covered, on Saturday evening, the sources said.
The girl was taken to a house in Section 9 of Kallain Tea estate and gang-raped before being abandoned in the tea garden outside the house.
Tea garden labourers returning from work found the girl crying and rushed her to a hospital in a critical condition from where she was later shifted to Silchar Medical College Hospital.
Injury marks have been found on her neck and the police suspect that the rapists had attempted to kill her after raping her, sources said.
A massive search operation has been launched to nab the rapists who are absconding, police added.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured