Panel for study of unemployment problem in Assam
Guwahati: Assam government would soon set up a commission to study the issue of unemployment in the state and suggest remedies to eradicate the problem, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said here Friday.
"The commission will consist of experts and besides studying the problem of unemployment in Assam, it will also suggest ways to solve the problem. The commission`s report will be out by Bohag Bihu (mid-April, 2013)," Gogoi told reporters.
In addition, the commission will also look at the steps taken by the government during the past decade to deal with unemployment and success and failure of various schemes in this regard.
"Besides the issue of unemployment, the commission would also be entrusted with studying details regarding the income generation of farmers and other sections of the society.
"It will provide district wise data on all these factors and is expected to find out what kind of effect unemployment had on Assam`s economy and society," Gogoi said.
He said the report would also help expert groups and research firms in their activities.
The Chief Minister also blamed "poor work culture" in the state as a major reason for Assam`s relative backwardness vis-a-vis other states.
"The work culture in poor in Assam. We all have to change our attitude and adopt a positive work culture if we want to bring further development," Gogoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra