Panel for study of unemployment problem in Assam
Guwahati: Assam government would soon set up a commission to study the issue of unemployment in the state and suggest remedies to eradicate the problem, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said here Friday.
"The commission will consist of experts and besides studying the problem of unemployment in Assam, it will also suggest ways to solve the problem. The commission`s report will be out by Bohag Bihu (mid-April, 2013)," Gogoi told reporters.
In addition, the commission will also look at the steps taken by the government during the past decade to deal with unemployment and success and failure of various schemes in this regard.
"Besides the issue of unemployment, the commission would also be entrusted with studying details regarding the income generation of farmers and other sections of the society.
"It will provide district wise data on all these factors and is expected to find out what kind of effect unemployment had on Assam`s economy and society," Gogoi said.
He said the report would also help expert groups and research firms in their activities.
The Chief Minister also blamed "poor work culture" in the state as a major reason for Assam`s relative backwardness vis-a-vis other states.
"The work culture in poor in Assam. We all have to change our attitude and adopt a positive work culture if we want to bring further development," Gogoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks