Panel for study of unemployment problem in Assam
Guwahati: Assam government would soon set up a commission to study the issue of unemployment in the state and suggest remedies to eradicate the problem, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said here Friday.
"The commission will consist of experts and besides studying the problem of unemployment in Assam, it will also suggest ways to solve the problem. The commission`s report will be out by Bohag Bihu (mid-April, 2013)," Gogoi told reporters.
In addition, the commission will also look at the steps taken by the government during the past decade to deal with unemployment and success and failure of various schemes in this regard.
"Besides the issue of unemployment, the commission would also be entrusted with studying details regarding the income generation of farmers and other sections of the society.
"It will provide district wise data on all these factors and is expected to find out what kind of effect unemployment had on Assam`s economy and society," Gogoi said.
He said the report would also help expert groups and research firms in their activities.
The Chief Minister also blamed "poor work culture" in the state as a major reason for Assam`s relative backwardness vis-a-vis other states.
"The work culture in poor in Assam. We all have to change our attitude and adopt a positive work culture if we want to bring further development," Gogoi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details