Protests rallies against NDFB-S violence
Kokrajhar: Rallies were taken out in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar district on Thursday to protest the violence perpetrated by the militant NDFB-Songbijit anti-talk faction and their alleged attack on Hindi-speaking people.
The Bodoland People?s Front`s Youth Wing along with BPF young members took out a rally of about 500 motorcycles from Debargaon holding posters and shouting slogans against NDFB-Sonbijit`s alleged killings, kidnappings and extortion.
The BPF which rules the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) demanded immediate strong action against the perpetrators of violence.
The protesters submitted a memorandum to the district Deputy Commissioner addressed to Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi demanding action against the insurgent outfit.
The Akhil Hindi Bhashi Yuba Chatra Parishad also took out a rally here against the recent killing of eight Hindi- speaking people and injury to several others across different locations in the state.
They also submitted a memorandum to the deputy commissioner.
BPF leader and BTC chief executive member Hagrama Mohilary has termed the NDFB led by Sangbijit "as an anti-Bodo outfit that was out to isolate the Bodo tribe community".
"As the NDFB-S is led by Sangbijit who is not a Bodo but from the Karbi tribe, the outfit could do no good for the Bodo people. Rather it will try to harm the Bodo people", Mohilary stated early this week.
"The NDFB-S has attacked different non-Bodo communities and it will isolate Bodo people from other communities. In such an atmosphere, Bodo people will not be able to move out of Assam", Mohilary asserted.
Sangbijit alias Sarsing Engty Kathar formed his faction in 2012 by splitting away from the NDFB led by Ranjan Daimary who showed interest in holding peace talks with the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks