Tarun Gogoi stresses on strong regional trade ties in Singapore
Guwahati: Ensuring strong and sustainable trade relations among the countries in the region would be an apt initiative towards realising the growth potential of South and South-East Asia, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi opined in Singapore today, sources here said.
During a meeting with K Shanmugam, Singapore`s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Gogoi discussed issues related to trade and commerce, skills development and information technology and sought the South-East Asian nation`s co-operation in these areas, said a release from the Chief Minister`s office.
The two leaders talked at length about the just-concluded South Asian Diaspora Convention in Singapore with the release quoting Gogoi and Shanmugam as asserting that, "efforts initiated will definitely move in the right direction for achieving the desired goals".
Gogoi, who is in Singapore on a three-day official visit, was also felicitated today by the Assam Association in Singapore at a gathering of 200 Assamese-origin people, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre