Tarun Gogoi stresses on strong regional trade ties in Singapore
Guwahati: Ensuring strong and sustainable trade relations among the countries in the region would be an apt initiative towards realising the growth potential of South and South-East Asia, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi opined in Singapore today, sources here said.
During a meeting with K Shanmugam, Singapore`s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Gogoi discussed issues related to trade and commerce, skills development and information technology and sought the South-East Asian nation`s co-operation in these areas, said a release from the Chief Minister`s office.
The two leaders talked at length about the just-concluded South Asian Diaspora Convention in Singapore with the release quoting Gogoi and Shanmugam as asserting that, "efforts initiated will definitely move in the right direction for achieving the desired goals".
Gogoi, who is in Singapore on a three-day official visit, was also felicitated today by the Assam Association in Singapore at a gathering of 200 Assamese-origin people, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- GST Bill: World knows which party is running away from debate in Parliament, says PM Modi
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'Sultan' title track packs quite a punch!
- Three candidates interviewed for SBI's MD post
- Awards are an inspiration to work harder: Amaal Mallik
- Former Real Madrid Galactico Michel Salgado signs for the Premier Futsal league