Tarun Gogoi stresses on strong regional trade ties in Singapore
Guwahati: Ensuring strong and sustainable trade relations among the countries in the region would be an apt initiative towards realising the growth potential of South and South-East Asia, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi opined in Singapore today, sources here said.
During a meeting with K Shanmugam, Singapore`s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Gogoi discussed issues related to trade and commerce, skills development and information technology and sought the South-East Asian nation`s co-operation in these areas, said a release from the Chief Minister`s office.
The two leaders talked at length about the just-concluded South Asian Diaspora Convention in Singapore with the release quoting Gogoi and Shanmugam as asserting that, "efforts initiated will definitely move in the right direction for achieving the desired goals".
Gogoi, who is in Singapore on a three-day official visit, was also felicitated today by the Assam Association in Singapore at a gathering of 200 Assamese-origin people, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months