Three KPLT militants nabbed
Guwahati: Three Karbi People`s Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militants have been apprehended by the police in connection with an extortion demand from a businessman here, police said today.
Acting on a tip-off, the police arrested two persons from Chandmari area last evening and based on their interrogation, another person was apprehended from Paltanbazar area here last night.
The arrested have been identified as Rajesh Terang alias Ranjit Terang, Longbi Kathar and Ranjan Terang.
The arrested had allegedly sent an extortion demand along with two bullets to the person and two of them had gone to collect it when they were apprehended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption